People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest reliefs and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
Under overall supervision of the Communication and Advocacy Manager, the Communication Intern will provide support to PIN Moldova Communications and to the Programmes Teams. Editing, writing and translating content will be an important part of the role. In this role, they should have an understanding of quality communication and visibility materials, information sharing, as well as development of materials corresponding to different target groups. They should have good communication skills and strong attention to detail. Ultimately, the goal of the communication intern will be to help create effective content and support clear communication of PIN messages across all channels.
Availability for travel within the country up to 50% of the time it’s a must.
We offer work experience and capacity building with the opportunity of learning about different development projects and humanitarian aid interventions, gain experience in creating content and visual materials for PIN Moldova microsite, for social media.
Tasks and responsibilities.
- Creates social media and website content (articles, press releases, descriptions about projects)
- Collects stories, photos and videos covering PIN Moldova activities in coordination with project teams (preparing questions for colleagues, taking photos, preparing best of photos collections)
- Translates content from/to English, Russian and Romanian
- Assists the programme staff with guaranteeing donors’ visibility in the field in compliance with donors’ Communication and Visibility guidelines
- Contributes to the design of communication materials for PIN, including newsletters, presentations, reports and promotional materials
- Helps with organization of public events (project launching events, conferences, presentations, roundtable meetings, etc.)
- Student of fresh degree in communication, journalism, language studies,
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, meeting deadlines;
- Strong writing, verbal, spelling, grammar, proofreading skills in Romanian and Russian. Good command of English is an advantage;
- Skilled and confident user of MS Office applications;
- Availability, including ability to undertake regular field visits all over Moldova;
- Knowledge of or interest in graphic design and video making software programmes; Google Apps and Analytics will be an advantage.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references (could be included the supervisor in the most recent work assignment).
The above shall be sent to the following address: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/32DC4546AA/apply/
Deadline for applications: December 05th, 2022, by COB.
The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis. Application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keeping such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending an according notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.