HR-Consulting (www.search4staff.com) on behalf of its client, is looking for a highly professional candidate to fulfill the position of:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Moldova.
• By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
• You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
• You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
• You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
• The competitive compensation package is a monthly salary with social security benefits.
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Number of positions: 1 position
Duty Station: Moldova - Chisinau
Reports to: Logistician 2/ Warehouse manager
Duration of Contract: 1 year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal based on needs and performance and Budget availability).
The Warehouse Supervisor ensures that general warehousing activities are properly carried out for a specific product family (e.g. economic security, water, and habitat, medical or communication) in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs). S/he organizes and plans the warehouse’s activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Ensures that goods are received, stored, and dispatched according to the procedure; immediately reports any problems or discrepancies.
• Ensures that stock is rotated and picked according to the principles of first-in-first-out and/or first-expired-first-out.
• Ensures that warehouse space is well utilized and makes recommendations for layout changes.
• Ensures that goods are properly segregated within the warehouse.
• Ensures that warehouse regulations are applied.
• Ensures that there is proper pest control and hygiene in the warehouse.
• Records information in the logistics IT system.
• Ensures that bin cards and stock cards are kept up to date.
• Provides statistics and other reporting.
• Organizes inventory counts and initiates claim reports.
• Ensures that risks are mitigated by performing the controls assigned to his/her role as described in the Logistics Risk and Control Matrix
Education and Professional Experience required:
• Technical/professional diploma.
• Four years' work experience in a similar field.
• Good command (spoken and written) of English.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• People-management experience.
• Driving license B
• Teamwork and collaboration.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may send CVs to HR-Consulting (www.search4staff.com) email address: email@example.com
Please, indicate the relevant vacancy code WS in the subject line or resume.
For more information, please call: +373 68898408
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).