Do you have experience in the implementation of co-operation projects? Are you passionate about local democracy and principles of public open government and public ethics? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
The Project “Reinforcing the culture of dialogue and open local governance in the Republic of Moldova” is implemented by the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities in the framework of the Council of Europe Action Plan for the Republic of Moldova (2021-2024). The project aims to strengthen the political dialogue between local and central authorities, provide support for improving the quality of local governance and fostering resilience of local and regional communities in the face of current migration crisis.
Employment is limited to the duration of the project, which is expected to end in March 2024.
As a Programme Manager you will carry out multiple assignments to meet the overall and specific objectives of the Council of Europe Project “Reinforcing the culture of dialogue and open local governance in the Republic of Moldova” and play a key role in implementing the project’s activities in the field. More specifically, you will perform the following tasks in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- plan, organise, co-ordinate, implement and follow up on project activities in accordance with the project workplan and calendar of activities, in close co-ordination with the project team in headquarters (HQ) and in co-operation with local partners and stakeholders; report problems encountered; suggest priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- establish and develop effective contacts and liaise with local stakeholders, project consultants as regards the implementation of project activities;
- inform regularly the Head of the Council of Europe Office and the Deputy Head of Office about the implementation of the Project and co-ordinate his/her work within the broader framework of the overall activities of the Council of Europe Office in Chisinau;
- advise and brief the management in HQ on progress of the project implementation and other project-related issues;
- assist in the event of an evaluation or audit of the project;
- ensure quality and relevance of project outputs, suggest adjustments as necessary;
- ensure office management and supervise and organise the work of project assistants and project officers;
- draft and provide elements to all project related reports (activity and progress reports, mission reports, information notes, briefings, ontributions, etc.) within set deadlines;
- contribute to raising the visibility of the project by drafting web news items and press releases, by disseminating information and by providing advice and input on publications;
- co-ordinate and contribute to the financial, administrative and technical implementation of the Project and ensure close budgetary follow-up of all project expenditures, in accordance with regulations, procedures and donor requirements;
- design, implement and lead projects activities, including workshops, trainings, scoping and needs assessment missions, and other activities in coordination with headquarters and close cooperation with the project team in Chisinau;
- select local service providers and negotiate contracts in consultation with headquarters;
- undertake official journeys in connection with the project activities;
- perform any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested;
- contribute to the work of the Council of Europe Office in Chisinau in the relevant sectors of activity.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a higher education degree and/or appropriate professional qualifications and/or experience in public administration, international relations, law, political sciences or other related fields;
- have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in management of technical assistance projects at a national or international level in design, management and implementation of project type-activities;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of English;
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Demonstrate that you have the following competencies:
- Professional and technical expertise:
− Good knowledge and understanding of Council of Europe and European/international standards in democracy and/or human rights;
− Experience in project management and project implementation in the framework of international or European technical cooperation programmes, preferably in the field of good governance, local and regional democracy and/or human rights.
− knowledge of the overall political, economic and social context in the region, and in particular the Republic of Moldova;
Conseil de l’Europe, Direction des ressources humaines - firstname.lastname@example.org - https://www.coe.int/jobs
− knowledge of project management tools (Project Management Methodology, logframes, risk monitoring, budgeting, etc.).
- Results orientation
- Planning and work organisation
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Relationship building
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
These would be an asset:
- Experience working with local and regional governments
- Knowledge and/or experience in human rights principles and legal framework on migrant integration and inclusion
- Knowledge of other languages spoken in the region
- Creativity and innovation
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contracts at grade A1/A2. Employment is limited to March 2024. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of €2361,66 (Grade A1/1) and €2910.20 (Grade A2/1) which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation. You will be affiliated to a pension scheme and social and medical insurance. You will also benefit from 32 working days leave per year and other advantages (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 12 October 2022 (midnight French time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.