Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV with email to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Driver”.
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Under the supervision of the logistic Manager, and in technical link with the Logistic coordinator, the Driver oversees driving MdM vehicles according to the MdM procedures and assisting the logistics team for maintenance of the office/guesthouse/warehouse and loading/unloading goods and material into the cars.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Driving vehicles and passenger safety and security of transported materials/equipment:
- Following MDM driving Regulations
- Adapting his/her behavior and driving to assure passenger’s security, MDM equipment and the rest of road/street users (drivers, pedestrians, etc.).
- Always drive according to the local traffic rules / code and respecting speed limits
- Always wearing safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same
- Ensuring having a valid driving license and always have it ready for any eventual inspection
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are valid and renewed before the expiration date (yearly road safety check, registration of main drivers with the Rental Company, etc.)
Maintenance of the vehicle:
- Checking on a regular basis the vehicle's motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, wind shield liquid, etc.
- Alerting direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need for maintenance
- Organizing or if possible carrying out of any necessary maintenance after validation of direct supervisor
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean on the inside and outside
- Ensuring all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle are in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, Fire extinguisher, First aid box etc.)
- Refilling the fuel tank each time the tank is at half of its capacity
- Remaining stand-by in the office in between movements
- Fill a logbook with kilometers and fuel consumption he does
- Supporting the team for manual tasks (load/unload the vehicle)
- Always remain available with the car during the field visit for the security purpose.
- Participate in internal work meetings and inform MdM team on log issues
- Report any security related issues to the supervisor
- Supporting operational organization of field trips
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- A valid driver license.
- Should have 3-5 years’ experience of professional driving.
- Prior experience as a driver in an international NGO, UN agency or private company
- Ability to multitask and work calmly under pressure is essential for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in insecure environments is critical.
- Some practical experience of user vehicle maintenance.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Strong oral and written English language communication skills required.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work
- An ability to work with minimum supervision
- A systematic approach to work
- A people orientated person who enjoys working in a team
- A keen interest in self development
- A reliable, polite, and professional attitude to ensure MdM is perceived as such.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and frustrating working circumstances is required.
- Any additional skills and/or experience that could be used by Medecins du Monde would be considered in the selection process.
Application Closing Date
27th Sep. 2022.