What will you do?
To provide professional oral and/or written translations to support the MdM intervention.
- Translate written documents
- Follow mental health coordinator in meetings and patients’ sessions or supervision of psychologists
- Proofread and adjust translations of various documents
- Provide oral translation during project activities, meetings and other professional conversations
- Support the MHPSS team with data entry, service mapping, networking, reporting and cultural mediating
Which skills we are looking for?
- Master English (spoken and written), C1-C2 level
- Working knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian. Romanian is a strong asset
- Openness to ask if something is not understandable to ensure good understanding
- Be assertive
- Use the Microsoft Office Pack
- Keep confidentiality about MDM job activities and beneficiaries’ information received
- Good communication skills. Ability to adapt behavior to the target audience and understand the target audience cultural context.
- Be flexible and adaptable; understand and accept changes in the environment regarding people, tasks, work decisions, policies, etc.
- Collaboration in finding solutions of challenging tasks
- Speak other languages is an asset (French, Spanish)
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 10 days from receiving the CV.
You can send us your CV to email@example.com indicating in the email subject: English translator.