UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UNDP’s Digital Strategy allows us to better harness technology and innovation to deliver more and better results in the countries and communities in which we work. In this context it is very important to provide quality ICT services.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Associate/Head of ICT Unit, direct supervisor, and Operations Manager/Head of Operations, secondary supervisor, the ICT Assistant provides services on ICT related issues and software maintenance. The main responsibility of the ICT Assistant is to ensure users’ helpdesk support by providing Tier 1 IT support level, and to improve IT infrastructure, which shall include but not be limited to: Network, Software, Database, IT Training and IT Capacity Development activities. ICT Assistant must diagnose computer hardware, network systems and computer software programs accurately and efficiently. The incumbent promotes a client-oriented approach and provide all necessary support to ensure smooth operation in every workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ICT Assistant works in close collaboration with Programme and Operations teams for resolving ICT-related issues.
1. Provides ICT Helpdesk services to ensure efficient and timely support to users, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Inform and train users in equipment and software operation; analyze and make recommendations on response time, training design, user support needs, and customer satisfaction;
Receive, log, and route user calls for assistance or repair; monitor trouble call/resolution information; follow-up on and report aged calls to ensure timely response;
Help UNDP CO users in usage of corporate cloud services;
Provide support to UNDP CO users in virus detection, removal and prevention;
Respond to UNDP CO users’ needs and questions related to software troubleshooting, hardware issues and network access;
Assist users of undp.org email accounts, including the password resetting procedure;
Track and monitor trends in service requests;
Provide recommendations for the improvement of ICT Helpdesk services;
2. Assist the process of competency and proficiency development with corporate productivity tools:
Build employee awareness of different corporate productivity tools;
Suggest appropriate IT tools to be implemented to meet present and future demands of the CO needs;
Communicate and provide support to end users on how to efficiently use productivity tools.
3. Ensure effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on achievement of
the following results:
Provide support for Intune enrollment process
Manage the end user devices environment to ensure that it is maintained to high standards of performance and security;
Perform specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
Perform the installation of commercial software and related upgrades;
Maintain the local wireless access solution;
Maintain/provide staff with appropriate printing facilities and administer printing accounting information;
4. Assisti n the efficient networks and systems administration, focusing on achievement of the following
Monitor and report network, hardware/software faults;
Oversees installation of hardware components;
Actively assist the ICT Associate in creation and maintenance of plans for future infrastructure and services;
5. Provide administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of hardware;
Provide inputs to ICT Associate in the maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts;
Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required;
Act as focal point of technical, technical logistics and training support for the conference events, which take place in the UNDP Moldova conference facilities;
Provide IT support to the UNDP Moldova projects and UN Agencies in accordance with agreements/memorandums of understanding between UNDP and projects and Agencies;
Assist ICT Associate in providing inputs for financial aspects of the ICT Unit: procurement, budgeting and budget review;
Assist in the ICT related procurements processes;
Participate in hardware evaluation processes;
Provide support to Green Office Team;
6. Contributes to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following
Participate in the organization and provide training for UNDP staff on ICT issues;
Contribute to identification, documenting and drafting of best practices and lessons learned to be shared in knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Direct supervisor: ICT Associate/Head of ICT Unit.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP ICT, programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Thematic Area Name Definition
Administration & Operations Client Orientation Ability to communicate effectively with people at all organizational levels by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff,
users, other employees, and outside partners.
Administration & Operations Hardware and software troubleshooting Ability to identify hardware/software problems and propose solutions.
Administration & Operations Video/audio conferencing Ability to setup and troubleshoot video/audio conferencing equipment and video/audio conferencing software
Administration & Operations Networking and connectivity Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, monitor and resolve network, hardware/software faults.
Administration & Operations Mobility Ability to maintain the local wireless access solution and to provide technical support related to the portable devices.
Administration & Operations Corporate cloud services Ability to provide users’ support in usage of corporate cloud services
Administration & Operations Working with Logs and Data Ability to inspect and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Education requirements
• Secondary School.
• University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant area is desired.
Min. years of relevant work experience
• At least 5 (five) years with Secondary Education or 2 (two) years of working experience (with University Degree) in user-support and client service.
• Previous experience in relevant areas like network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based packages/ applications.
• Knowledge of Microsoft 365 services would be an asset.
• Previous experience with UN Agencies/UNDP is a strong advantage.
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
• Self-development, initiative-taking.
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
• Creating synergies through self-control.
• Managing conflict.
• Treats peers fairly by maintaining consistent values, inspiring trust and confidence through personal credibility;
• Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of the outcome of his/her decisions.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to prioritize.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
• Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
• Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position.
• Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
• Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work.
• Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
• Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian.
• Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Vacancy End Date: 2 October 2022
To apply please address the link: https://bit.ly/3QzrFFv