Position title: Program Manager
Duty location: Kishinev, Moldova
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Type of Employment: Full - Time
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading humanitarian aid organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict, and disaster, helping them to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis. IRC currently operates in the U.S., Africa, Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. For a complete listing of countries in which IRC operates and supports refugee programs, please visit http://www.rescue.org/where
Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs.
Since the conflict in Ukraine started in February 24, 2022, which brought the consequent displacement into neighboring countries, the IRC new programs on protection and Refugee Info East Europe programs are being established to address the most pressing needs of people on the move across South-East Europe. IRC continues to use its voice and expertise to increase safe and legal pathways, ensure protection and improve the quality of resettlement, asylum and integration services. The programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions.
The Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating IRC-led implementation of programming in South-east Europe, with a main focus on the support provision to people on the move fleeing Ukraine and other countries. The Program Manager will lead the Program team to strengthen the quality and effectiveness of program implementation and accountability, strengthen harmonization between national initiatives and interventions delivered in the field, and ensure timely implementation of project activities. This is a full-time national staff position based in Kishinev and reports to the Head of Programs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee project implementation including logistics support and organization of IRC-led activities - trainings, meetings, and workshops for partners, service providers, and stakeholders, in line with donor requirements
- Based on monitoring and feedback mechanisms, strengthen the quality, effectiveness, and responsiveness of program interventions.
- Work with IRC advisors to strengthen implementation of technical guidance and recommendations for program interventions in the field.
- Develop actionable work plans to ensure the timely implementation of project activities, in collaboration with project team members
- Ensure that action points and agreements are actioned upon, including coordination and communication among/between IRC, partner, and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective and productive working relationships with key stakeholders and represent IRC at meetings with stakeholders
- Report on performance and lead regular team meetings aimed at ensuring activities of the team members are coordinated and performed in a timely manner.
- Promote an environment of best practice and knowledge sharing between different programs and between partners.
Monitoring and reporting
- Conduct project monitoring and evaluation, including data collection and analysis for the baseline study, other assessments, M&E and field data management.
- Ensure that the programs are data-driven and that programmatic decisions are grounded in evidence, monitor project progress against programmatic and budgetary targets and perform monitoring visits, and reporting.
- Engage in country program wide business development efforts by carrying out assessments, reviewing / inputting on proposals in pipeline, gathering and compiling inputs from program / partnerships colleagues to support fundraising.
- In collaboration with the Program team and partners, identify opportunities to promote and amplify the work of IRC and partners through advocacy, networking, coordination, etc. with local, national, and international stakeholders.
- Ensure IRC and donor visibility in project activities is in line with IRC and donor policies/requirements.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct - Integrity, Service, and Accountability
- The IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- MA degree in social welfare, international relations, and/or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working with I/NGOs working in management and supervision of multi-component development programs
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written,
- Prior experience working in a humanitarian response and working with refugees.
- Prior experience working on child protection and/or women’s protection and empowerment projects preferred.
- Knowledge of protection guidelines, including child protection and GBV preferred.
- Experience in monitoring protection trends and changes in the context, and using this analysis to facilitate decision-making for real time program adaptation and advocacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise, excellent relationship-building, effective in representation and liaison with external actors, team player and comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to engage effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle sensitive situations diplomatically.
- Willingness and ability to travel across South-east Europe if needed.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
To apply please address the link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/26985?c=rescue