Internews in Moldova is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant (Extended deadline)
M&E Assistant (full time)
Internews country office in Moldova
Type of Appointment:
As soon as possible
September 01, 2023 (with a possible extension upon availability of funding and satisfactory performance)
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova / Hybrid Work
Closing date for Applications:
September 7, 2022
Internews in Moldova is looking for an M&E Assistant to be hired in line with Internews Core Values and USAID rules and regulations, as well as other donors’ requirements.
Internews in Moldova is managing a several programs funded by USAID, the UK, SIDA, OSF, and the Kingdom of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The projects aim to promote the development of an independent, professional media in Moldova that gives citizens access to a variety of perspectives and create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures. By focusing on the supply and demand for objective information, these projects will strengthen the ability of independent media to fulfill its role as a watchdog over the government and serve as space for citizens to engage in public policy dialogue. On the other side targeted media literacy activities in all regions of the country will build consumer understanding of and demand for independent, reliable, and high-quality news and information. Moreover, Internews focuses on the legal enabling environment to reinforce existing protections for freedom of speech, facilitate better implementation of laws, and advocate for media sector regulation in accordance with international norms.
M&E Assistant Position Summary and Responsibilities
The M&E Assistant reports directly to the Impact Officer. She/He collects and analyzes the data required for monitoring and evaluation purposes. The M&E Assistant provides technical, logistical, and administrative support to the Impact Officer for implementation of the planned monitoring and evaluation activities implemented by Internews projects in Moldova. For Impact, Evaluation and Monitoring activities the position contributes to the evaluation and assessment of the program’s effectiveness and assists with tasks related to data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- M&E Assistant helps with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Undertakes data gathering for Internews in Moldova program and projects.
- With Impact Officer supervision, manages the routine and systematic collection of M&E and impact data from sub-grantees in accordance with their grant agreements, including electronic data collection and data entry and data quality evaluations.
- Cross verifies the data presented by subgrantees.
- With Impact Officer supervision, ensures data collection tools and processes are designed and used effectively.
- Conducts on-going monitoring visits to project sites.
- With Impact Officer guidance and supervision, ensures that M&E and Impact data is synthesized and updated for inclusion in reports to donors
- Documents program success stories and good practices.
- Under Impact Officer supervision, collaborates and communicates with other Internews team members and Partners to ensure completion of tasks related to the Impact, Monitoring and Evaluation area.
- Liaises with external project partners and stakeholders to coordinate and follow up on various activities.
- Assists the Impact Officer in organizing training subgrantees in collecting various data, such as baseline, midterm evaluation, pre-, and post-training questionnaires, etc.
- Provides additional administrative support on other tasks as assigned.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Impact Officer.
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, or other related to this position field.
- 1-3 years of relevant to M&E and project management areas experience is an advantage.
- Experience of inputting and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Proven experience of providing program or organizational monitoring and evaluation support.
- Professional working proficiency in English and Romanian and proficiency in Russian required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills important.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience working with databases required.
- Ability to initiate tasks and be creative in problem-solving.
- Ability to manage telephone and in-person communication with subgrantees including tact and diplomacy.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Professionalism, with sound judgment and discretion, in managing confidential information essential.
- Proven follow-up skills to ensure successful and timely completion of reports.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with others across the organization.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, CV including two references to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org COB, September 07, 2022.
Please include “M&E Assistant” in the subject line. For any additional questions please contact Internews in Moldova office: +373 60500570.
Internews is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Internews in Moldova office will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Logistics Coordinator for the USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA)
- Inginer Power&Hvac (electrician)
- Internews în Moldova caută un coordonator/o coordonatoare pentru tabăra fotografică National Geographic Photo Camp 2023 (RO/RU)
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals only
- Key Account Sales
- ACTED is hiring Project Officer (Site Management) - Edinet duty Station
- WeWorld Moldova is looking for Romanian Teachers
- Fundația Tony Hawks Centru angajează Kinetoterapeut/Kinetoterapeută
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Payroll Specialist for Spanish Clients at Safeguard Global