Liechtenstein Development Service (LED) is a private-law foundation of the Government and the civil society of Liechtenstein. Mandated by the Government of Liechtenstein, LED implements, coordinates and supervises the bilateral development cooperation of Liechtenstein in developing countries. In Republic of Moldova, LED aims to contribute to the quality of education and training by diversifying the education offers for young people, tailored to developing relevant skills for decent income, increased personal wellbeing, and inclusive social participation. For more information on the activity of LED, visit the website www.led.md.
Summary of Position:
In collaboration with LED Moldova team, the Project Manager ensures the effective and efficient management of the LED administered projects by supporting its design, planning and management. The Project Manager will manage a portfolio of several projects. S/he will communicate closely with the implementing organizations for effective achievement of results, anticipating and resolving complex project-related issues, and information delivery. The appointee applies and promotes the principles of Results-based Management (RBM), Project Cycle Management (PCM), as well as LED administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a full-time project manager who will perform the following tasks:
- Communicate with the selected partner organizations to ensure effective implementation of project activities and achievement of expected results.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure the implementation of the projects in alignment with the LED priorities and with the main education policy strategies.
- Review the project narrative and financial reports.
- Report to LED head office about the project progress and difficulties.
- Assist in commissioning evaluations, reviews, and audits of projects.
- Contribute to the design and planning of new project phase(s).
- Use monitoring tools to track progress of ongoing projects.
- Provide other administrative and logistic support on an ad hoc basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education and professional experience:
We look for motivated candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- University Degree in social sciences, economics, law, public administration, or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the design, management, and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in a relevant position to this post.
- Prior experience in development and cooperation or related work for a donor organization, and/or NGOs, is a very strong advantage.
- Experience in education, particularly VET or youth policies, is an asset.
- Experience in an international and/or multicultural environment is an asset.
- Results-Based Management is a very strong advantage.
- Project Cycle Management is a very strong advantage.
- Knowledge of donor agencies’ or NGO’ management, administrative procedures and technical requirements.
- Analytical and strategical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently under the guidance of the country director.
- Ability to prioritize actions and tasks, meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skills in visualizing information is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of Russian would be an asset.
How to apply
Job applications must include:
1. Curriculum Vitae, indicating relevant experience;
2. Motivational letter in English (two pages maximum) signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with eligibility criteria for the post and motivation;
3. Contact details of 2 reference persons.
The application package shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org until 14 August 2022. Only shortlisted selected candidates will be invited for the job interview scheduled for the week of August 16 - 19.