People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programs to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the canter of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of the following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, and Good Governance.
Summary of duties
The Capacity Strengthening Officer (CS Officer) is responsible for supporting the implementation of developing and delivering a pilot training for local authority members, specifically social workers, in Moldova to strengthen the shock response capacity. This result is a project component of a WFP funded Alliance2015 consortium project implemented by People in Need, ACTED and Helvetas to support Moldovan households who are hosting Ukrainian refugees and the most vulnerable Moldovan households across the country with financial assistance as a response to the pressure several crises have put on them. The component will follow the official results of the UNDP assessment focusing on the crisis response, recovery and resilience by assessing and mapping local authorities’ needs and capacities in providing services and assistance to refugees and host communities.
- Together with consortium partners develop an assessment tool aiming at understanding capacity strengthening needs and gaps of local authority staff (main target: social workers);
- Develop the assessment tool and workplan in coordination with the consortium manager, PIN’s MEAL unit and partners;
- Supervise the assessment, analyse the data and present findings and recommendations to the consortium partners;
- Design training outline and material for pilot trainings in 2 locations in Moldova;
- Facilitate 2 pilot trainings with respective local authority employees;
- Develop a report on the identified needs, experience and lessons learnt from the trainings and recommendations for future capacity building initiatives;
- Support the consortium in the implementation of a learning event targeting government actors, local authorities’ stakeholders as well as relevant international humanitarian and development stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in customer relations is preferable;
- Strong coordination skills with proven ability to work with colleagues with different professional capacities and roles;
- Good communication English skills.
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of capacity building activities or adult education is preferable;
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and excellent sense of organization;
- Be available to work full-time (8 hours per day);
- Computer literate – MS Office and MS Outlook.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary, each half year revised based on appraisal performance;
- 28 days annual leave + 6 additional days for medical care;
- Friendly work environment; Multinational team;
- Investments in your professional development.
Interested applicants must submit their CV to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/ED9EB1D21D/apply/
Deadline for application: August 17, 2022, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone call inquiries are allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keep such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending a notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.