UNDP Moldova: Project Finance and Administrative Assistant (short-term) - Joint Project – Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis Project under ResCom Project
The UNDP-FAO Joint Project – Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis - is expected to support Outcomes 2 and 3 of the Moldova 2030 SDGs Partnership Fund.
Outcome 2. The people of Moldova, in particular the most vulnerable, have access to enhanced livelihood opportunities, decent work and productive employment, generated by sustainable, inclusive and equitable economic growth.
Outcome 3. The people of Moldova, in particular the most vulnerable, benefit from enhanced environmental governance, energy security, sustainable management of natural resources, and climate and disaster resilient development.
The Joint Project has the goal to improve food security of the country, and to adresss regional impact of the current socio-economic crisis caused by the military conflict in Ukraine by supporting the most vulnerable small farmers (particularly women-led farms and young people) in rural areas of Moldova with inputs and improved capacities for resilient production.
UNDP Moldova will provide tailored support to women groups - small agricultural producers in order to increase knowledge and skills for sustainable and resilient agriculture and forest practices and to explore alternative income generation activities in the respective sectors with sustainable and green aspects mainstreamed. Also, women agri-producers will be supported in implementation of renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies (biomass boilers in greenhouses, photovoltaic, among others). The Project duration is envisaged between July 2022- December 2023 with support from Austrian Development Agency.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the overall guidance and supervision of the ResCom project manager and the direct supervision of Project Analyst the, The Project Finance and Administrative Assistant in close cooperation with the project team, will ensure the provision of financial and administrative services of the highest quality and standards to the project team, UNDP Country Office, as well as national counterparts and clients. More specifically:
• Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day programme implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and programme work-plans;
• Provide support to international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of Programme results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc) and coordinate short-term consultants;
• Maintain records on all Programme personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
• Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
• Draft minutes of Programme Board and other programme related meetings;
• Assume responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of programme files and records;
• Prepare Travel Authorizations and F10 claims for programme staff and consultants;
• Arrange and coordinate translation services/programmes;
• Arrange external and internal meetings (including the meetings of the Programme Board, pre-bidding conferences, launching events, workshops, interviews, as well as other relevant meetings etc.).
• Assistance to Finance Coordinator in preparation of all types of vouchers PO/non-PO vouchers, etc.;
• Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and follow up with the Finance unit, vendors on any issues related to the payments;
• Preparation of overall confirmation letters (VAT, quarantee letters, etc);
• Contribute to preparation of recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
• Verify vendor’s information in Atlas and submit requests for vendor updates;
• Assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
• Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
• Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and Programme work-plans;
• In accordance with the Programme Work Plan support the Procurement Coordinator in procurement of equipment, supplies and services ensuring full compliance with UNDP rules and procedures;
• Draft annual Programme procurement plan and keep it up to date, as well as draft periodical procurement reports based on inputs from Programme team;
• Organize procurement processes, including preparation and conduct of micro-purchases, RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, by drafting bidding/selection documents (or address direct invitations to submit offer), receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary screening, participate at the negotiation of conditions of contracts, in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
• Support the Procurement Coordinator in organizing procurement processes with respect to individual consultancy services (ICs, RLAs, Rosters), coordinate receipt of applications and financial proposals, their preliminary screening, participate at the negotiation of financial proposals or contract conditions in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
• Prepare the submission packages to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP);
• Draft contracts’ packages for goods and services for management approval;
• Draw up and maintain evidence and monitoring of awards and contracts with project implementing partners, consulting organizations, contractors, etc.;
• Maintain records on national/international consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures;
• Monitor and draft in Atlas system supplier’s performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods/services;
• Create and manage e-requisitions in ATLAS;
• Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required, manage office stationary supplies;
• Maintain an assets and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required and provide inputs for corporate reporting on assets and inventory.
The key results have a direct impact on the overall successful achievement of the Programme objectives. Accurate analysis and presentation of information enhances UNDP’s position as a strong development partner. The information provided facilitates decision-making of the Programme Board, the Beneficiary and UNDP management.
Direct supervisor: Project Analyst.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Analyst and overall guidance of the ResCom project manager, the incumbent contributes to an effective and efficient implementation of programme objectives through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of activities. The Project Finance and Administrative Assistant applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Project Finance and Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Project team as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Thematic Area Name Definition
Business Management Results-based Management Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
Business Management Working with Evidence and Data Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Administration & Operations Registry & correspondence management Ability to collect, register, maintain and deliver mail and UNDP pouch; ability to manage archives
Administration & Operations Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings) Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc
Administration & Operations Travel contract management Knowledge of policy and procedures related to contract management, incl. oversight of the Long Term Agreement (LTA) with the Travel Management Services (TMS) provider; UN airline agreement management covering all major and rail providers; ability to negotiate airline discounts
Finance Budget management Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
Finance Accounting (General) Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, frameworks, standards, regulations, policies and trends, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Education requirements
• Secondary Education.
• University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or another related field would be desired.
Min. years of relevant work experience
• At least five (5) years (with Secondary Education) or two(2) years of experience (with University Degree) in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is required.
• Previous experience with EC/UNDP is a strong advantage.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Treats peers fairly by maintaining consistent values, inspiring trust and confidence through personal credibility;
• Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of the outcome of his/her decisions.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to prioritize.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
• Continues to seek new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of the unit
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
• Adapts flexibly to changing situations, overcomes obstacles and recovers quickly from set-backs
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
• Ability to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manne
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
• Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNDP is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff, and equal opportunities for people with disabilities. Well qualified candidates, particularly women and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted on line and include fully completed Personal History Form (P11) or CV/resume.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
Vacancy End Date: 11 August 2022
To apply please address the link: https://bit.ly/3zgO1Vt
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Concurs de selectare expert în elaborarea Strategiei raionale/locale pentru dezvoltarea sectorului de tineret în raionul Anenii Noi
- People in Need Moldova is hiring a Livelihood Project Manager ( Bălți )
- Concurs de angajare exper/expertă în advocacy
- Psiholog coordonator de activități instructiv metodice și pentru voluntari
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilieri juridici in Otaci, Causeni
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza specialist integrare și raporturi de muncă
- Compania Date Inteligente SRL angajează cercetător junior
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilier juridic in Rezina
- People in Need Moldova în parteneriat cu Asociația de Dezvoltare Durabilă Generația PRO angajează facilitator pentru spațiu prietenos copilului (Ștefan-Vodă)