GIZ is looking for a “Leave No One Behind (LNOB) Advisor” for the project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”, which is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on 01st of September 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension. The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The primary role of the Advisor is to act as focal point for LNOB for the project. In this role, the advisor will a) coordinate LNOB and Gender Mainstreaming activities among the five components of the project, and b) manage independently selected activities.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Acting as focal point for the project for LNOB. The project includes components on local public services, urban development, and economic development. A special focus will be thereby on the integration of vulnerable groups in the (dual) vocational education and training / lifelong learning as well as their access to the labour market.
- Support the project and the components in the definition of target groups.
- Coordinate, review and manage independently as well as in coordination with other colleagues the design and formulation of project activities so that they include gender mainstreaming and Leaving No One Behind principles.
- Analysis and identify areas for support and interventions in support of gender mainstreaming and Leaving No One Behind initiatives.
- Review developed strategy documents, instruments, policy briefs, and other tools, within all components of the SBC project, so they include gender equality and Leaving No One Behind principles.
- Identify and/or establish innovative tools for GE and LNOB promotion and implementation.
- Participate and/or organize periodic consultations with key Ministries, agencies, donors, and other stakeholders, such as the private sector, women leaders, human rights experts, and other GIZ partners, as necessary.
- Identify new opportunities in gender responsive and LNOB inclusive public and private sector development considering objectives and activities of the components and the project.
- Monitor and coordinate activities within the components in the field of GE and LNOB to ensure maximum efficiency for the target groups targeted by performed assignments
- Provide advisory support to the key government partners and development partners coordination processes regarding the GE/LNOB portfolio.
- Provide technical advice and ensure synergies with other implemented programmes and projects.
- Master’s Degree in law, economics, social sciences, gender, management and organisational development or other relevant fields.
- Hands on experience in organization of processes and activities related to social and economic inclusion of vulnerable groups;
- At least 5 years of experience in Gender Equality and Leaving No One Behind (LNOB) principles implementation, within national programmes and/or projects.
- At least 5 years of experience in providing expert policy advice on gender and LNOB to strategies, plans, policies and business processes to governments, agencies, and development partners.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant national and international legislation, ability to implement best practices to support keys beneficiaries and stakeholders corelated to complex project activities.
- In-depth knowledge of public processes and systems, knowledge management and public sector reforms for the achievement of gender equality and LNOB
- In depth understanding of project implementation mechanisms and possibilities of integration of GE and LNPB in project activities.
- Extensive expertise in interacting with private sector, educational institutions, and social partners.
- Experience in working with disadvantaged groups would be an asset.
- Proven experience in coordinating capacity development programmes
- Ability to establish and coordinate networks consisting of a wide range of partners from diverse backgrounds
- Proven excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian and English. Knowledge of Russian will be an asset.
- Fluency in the use of software applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Microsoft 365;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 11th of August 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.