Field and Cash Monitor - Moldova
World Vision Moldova
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Position: WORLD FOOD PROGRAM (WFP) FIELD AND CASH MONITOR – MOLDOVA
Deadline of Applications: 02 August 2022
Preferred Location: Chisinau, Moldova
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To conduct monitoring of the cash disbursed to the targeted beneficiaries of the cash project, set up monitoring according to World Vision standard procedures and accurate documentation on cash distributions.
The holder of the position should communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Distribution and Monitoring
- Participate in community mobilization, verification, registration processes.
- Work with the Field Coordinator/ distribution team leaders on monthly distribution plans.
- Communicate with beneficiaries in order to inform them about any activities that need their physically present and approach WV.
- Ensure that all amounts topped-up and disbursed by the distribution team and the Money transfer agent to the beneficiaries are properly accounted for.
- Ensure that the entitlement are correct quantities for the planned beneficiaries.
- Assist any new families to be registered and verify by WV team to receive assistant.
- Ensure that the cash entitlements are distributed to each beneficiary family and beneficiary must sign or thumb print next to their names on the receipts as proof that they received the cash.
- Complete required documents/forms related to cash project/prepare sim signature distribution list and verify signature list.
- Ensure proper accounting of all cash received and distributed at each centre.
- Verify family’s documentation that required to be eligible to receive assistance.
- Educate beneficiaries and encourage them to count their entitlement and guide them to save their card and PIN code.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Prepare food monitors report with all beneficiary distribution lists matched with the signatures
- Ensure the transactions by Money transfer agent to beneficiaries meet project objectives and WV standard.
- Assist the team leader and Project Coordinator to achieve and conduct any tasks that are required and ensuring standards at distribution sites are met.
Coordination and Collaboration
- To co-ordinate and foster relations with beneficiaries of other World Vision Programs in the district so as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources
- Coordinate with all camp managers and local authority, authorized agent to arrange activities date to provide assistance to beneficiaries on time
- Participate in capacity development of field team in checking accurately beneficiaries’ data
- Work with the Project Manager to provide training for all other WFP voucher staff
- Represent WV at district level NGO in food assistance/ Security, coordination forums as advised by project coordinator
- Arrange and Conduct FGDs as required to disseminate any key message to beneficiaries and have good relationship with community
- Perform any other duties as required by the Field coordinator/ Distribution Team leader or his/her line manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of a diploma.
- A degree in relevant field is an added advantage
- Minimum work experience in filed and supporting the Ukraine refugees during the crisis
- Proven planning, team work and managerial experience and skills.
- At least one-year experience in project management working with international organizations.
- Experience in Community Mobilization activities.
- Work experience with budget management and procurement procedures.
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers).
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluent in English, Romanian & Russian preferred (speaking and writing).
- Effective in written and oral communication in English and Romanian
- Computer aptitude and experience with word processors.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a challenging situation
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, solution oriented, independent and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, specifically those that relate to distributions, handling, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Self-disciplined with good time management skills.
- The ability to produce clear and well-organized documents.
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- 50% of the time local travel.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
Please, if you think you’re suitable for this position, please follow the link and click on APPLY (candidates will be selected only from the registrations on the World Vision website) - WFP Field and Cash Monitor - Moldova (myworkdayjobs.com)
Also please open this from your computer.
Contact us, in case you have additional questions: 69682312 - Ina
The end date of application is: August 2nd, 2022