Position: Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity Program (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: August 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022
Level of Effort (LOE): 10 days
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist will be responsible for the following, but not limited to the following under supervision of the Gender Assessment Advisor:
- Support Gender Assessment Advisor in providing gender integration and social inclusion inputs in all work planning processes, to ensure that each of the Activity’s program areas address gender issues and that all work plan activities are gender sensitive.
- Meet with members of the MISRA technical team to gain a better understanding of the tasks envisioned for their components and the counterparts involved, to inform how gender considerations might play a role in meeting project objectives and achieving more inclusive outcomes.
- Meet with relevant stakeholders in Moldova that can inform MISRA’s gender integration strategy and/or partner with MISRA on implementation to achieve gender mainstreaming targets.
- Ensure gender integration and social inclusion inputs are included in all work planning processes, and that all MISRA activities are gender sensitive.
- Develop gender integration tools tailored for the project.
- Work with Chief of Party (COP) and Component Leads to ensure gender is mainstreamed throughout planned MISRA activities—including policies, resources, and operations—and in its design, future implementation, monitoring, evaluation, learning (MEL), and reporting processes.
- Working with the M&E Team, design gender-based indicators to monitor the Activity’s performance, and make recommendations on gathering credible data, and setting baselines and targets.
- Contributing to 10 to 15-page Assessment proposing an overall strategy and citing specific recommendations for integrating, measuring, and monitoring MISRA performance on gender mainstreaming, for all project components.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist will report to the Gender Assessment Advisor, Project Director and Chief of Party (COP).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred) in gender studies, sociology, economics, business administration, or a related field required;
- Seven (7) years or more of progressively responsible experience integrating gender into projects, operations and systems;
- Understanding of the socio-economic situation in Jordan as it relates to gender sensitive programming;
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring & evaluation;
- Ability to maintain productive relationships with a diverse set of key stakeholders and staff;
- Understanding of USAID’s gender strategy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Background in applied research methodology;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Romanian.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (two pages maximum) to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com with “Applying for Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist – short-term consultancy” in the subject line. Please apply by August 1, 2022. If applying to multiple positions, please send a separate email for each position. Only long-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for test/interview.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNDP Moldova: Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Helvetas is hiring MEAL Manager
- Peace Corps: Training Assistant
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, Direcția dezvoltarea supravegherii altor instituții financiare
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- Angajăm expert în domeniul drepturilor persoanelor cu dizabilități
- National Budget and Finance Consultant
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă, pe durată determinată, Direcţia decontări interbancare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de reglementarea prudențială