Project Coordinator - Moldova
World Vision Moldova
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
This position is based in Moldova
Project Implementation and Planning
- Plan, implement and coordinate to maintain project compliance with standards, country laws, donor requirement and objectives.
- Provide daily coordination with partner to ensure that inputs and technical quality of program activities are efficient and coordinated;
- Review and assess the component of activities and interrelationships with other components; identify possible solutions for problems and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with relevant departments at World Vision
- Visit project sites to monitor project activities and services are in high quality. Report to Operations Coordinator or supervisor.
- Review narrative and financial reports and provide reviews in timely manner for office, donor or for any entity as required.
- Monitor the quality of the implementation and ensure compliance with established norms and sphere minimum standards.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure that implementation of all M&E activities within the project are conducted in a coordinated, communicated and timely manner.
- Seek the inclusion of technical guidance (both programmatic and M&E) by World Vision technical staff where necessary based on all relevant standards.
- Carry out regular field visits to monitor the implementation and progress of project activities, according to approved proposal.
- Draft reports in the preparation of monthly reports and review of finance report by providing requested information and documents to the supervisor.
- Document lessons learned and allow for appropriate adjustments.
- Quality documentation using the sharepoint (or hard copy filing) including assessment and progress reports, proposals, program plans that meet WV and donor requirements.
- Coordinate with Technical Specialists/Advisor about technical approaches.
- Support in cluster coordination reports e.g. 4Ws
Partnership and Networking
Attend relevant cluster meeting if necessary and any other ad-hoc external meetings to ensure effective coordination and networking with other governmental authorities and other agencies working in the relevant sector.
- Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential child protection threats affecting the children participating in the project activities.
- Comply fully and ensure partners compliance with WV’s Child Protection Policy and code of conduct.
Capacity building and training
- Work closely with and provide ongoing support, mentoring and coaching to local NGO partner of the project, in implementation of project activities.
- Orient and train staff with regards to Education and Protection activities when required;
- Coordinate the delivery of sector specific trainings for field staff on Education and Protection best practices;
- Any other duties might be assigned by Operations Coordinator or the person in charge.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Working experiences of at least 3 years in NGO sector, specific experience in Livelihood/Protection project management preferred
- Bachelor degree (preferably in Social sciences, Development Studies)
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Excellent English and Russian communication skills (both oral and written), Romanian knowledge is preferred Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint Motivated to work in humanitarian field and grow professionally, eager and quick to learn Experience working on projects funded by international donors Familiar with core principles of Children’s Rights, Child Protection, Participation, and ‘Do No Harm.’ Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct Working knowledge of the logical framework approach.
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- 40% field work, 60% office based
- Position requires willingness to travel to project sites (Balti, Vulcanesti, Cahul, Basarabeasca)
- Language Requirement: English, Russian/Romanian
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Please, if you think you’re suitable for this position, please follow the link and click on APPLY (candidates will be selected only from the registrations on the World Vision website) - https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/DFAT-Project-Coordinator_R7876
Also please open this from your computer.
Contact us, in case you have additional questions: 69682312 - Ina
The end date of application is July 24th (extended).