Position: Administrative Assistant
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity Program (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: August 2022 – April 2027
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Support the operational functions of the project office and provide general assistance in the day-to-day management of the field office;
- Meet project guests and redirect to the necessary project staff;
- Manage operational subcontracts including leases, vendors for office supplies and services, and vehicle subcontractors;
- Manage the maintenance of the project office, including any necessary office procurements in compliance with USAID regulations; receiving goods, invoices from vendors and issuing payment documents;
- Providing logistical support for meetings and conferences; greeting and assisting office visitors;
- Handling incoming and outgoing calls, answering telephone inquiries, forwarding calls, and taking messages when necessary;
- Picking up and delivering mail and handling general correspondence, maintaining a correspondence filing system;
- Manage the project inventory records, e.g. conduct physical inventory, identify the condition of the property, etc.
- Oversee and support traveling teams, including STTA consultants, make travel arrangements (air-tickets, hotel reservations) in Moldova or abroad for short-term consultants, home office staff and others, as needed;
- Assists and supports with recruiting efforts, when needed;
- Work closely with driver/security, car services, and accountant;
- Ensure team is aware of administrative and logistics policies and procedures and they are followed;
- Providing administrative support for activities as requested, and
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Director of Program Operations that are consistent with this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
The Administrative Assistant will supervise the Driver/Logistics and Security Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Program Operations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least four (4) years of experience in similar roles;
- University degree;
- Possess knowledge of office communications systems, needs, and solutions;
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Proven capability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural business environment;
- Strong written and verbal English and Romanian skills; and
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications (if applicable):
- Understanding of international development purposes, approaches and players;
- Experience working with USAID in some capacity.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (two pages maximum) to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com with “Applying for Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Please apply by July 24, 2022. If applying to multiple positions, please send a separate email for each position. Only long-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for test/interview.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- The U.S. Embassy in Chisinau is hiring a Media Grants Coordinator
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- Acted is hiring Distribution Assistant - Chisinau
- Individual Consultant for assistance of the Ministry of Education and Research in the development of National Qualifications Framework
- Extended deadline: School of Journalism from Moldova: call for proposals for the development and piloting of a new course on `Mastering the Mic` for journalists and journalism students
- Coordonator(oare) Finante Programe / Programme Finance Associate (G-7) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- Qu23/02812: Human Security/ National ICT Consultant
- Project Finance Associate (NPSA-7) - Green Transition Project
- Communication Analyst (NPSA-8) - The Swiss-UNDP Project: Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)