Translator - Moldova
World Vision Moldova
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Provide translating services for English into Russian & Romanian, and from Romanian & Russian into English;
- Provide fast quotations
- Ensure reasonable and valid requests are acted upon in an efficient and timely manner, using best practice procedures;
- Follow instructions to the letter and if something is not realistic or valid, seek clarity as needed;
- Strive to attain the highest levels of excellence in the delivery of services as per UCR needs;
- Translation may include materials such as, but not limited to technical documents and publications, policy documents, legal documents, and marketing material;
- Checking and editing to detect and correct errors;
- Provide written translation to agreed timescales;
- Basic or draft translation (for information only);
- Checking and verifying accuracy of draft translations;
- Editing translations for publication;
- Translations must be 'fit for purpose', meaning it is most suitable for its intended use;
- Ensure all interpretation and translation work is clear and accurate
- Liaise with requester of services/ subject expert to clarify anything and ensure translation is done as per requester’s expectations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of relevant experience in translation services (English/Romanian/Russian) rendered for general texts and technical texts.
- A demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and prioritize tasks, yet ensure no detail or requirement is overlooked.
- Ability to communicate in both local and English and Russian languages. Knowledge of Ukrainian would be and advantage.
- Passionate about the delivery of quality service.
- Compliant with World Vision’s Safeguarding Behavioural Protocols
- Evidence of education, training, licence and certification and experience
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Broader additional experience in business or an INGO would be an advantage.
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- Available to travel to community where translation is needed
- Good working relationships with team and community members
- Follow dressing protocol and Timely presence where needed
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants OnlyPlease, if you think you’re suitable for this position, please follow the link to the World Vision website and click on APPLY (candidates will be selected only from the registrations on the World Vision website) - https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Translator_R6754?q=translator&C=
Also, please open this from your computer.
Contact us, in case you have additional questions: 069682312- Ina
The end date of application: 21st July 2022