WFP Project Coordinator- Moldova
World Vision Moldova
With over 70 years of experience, World Vision's focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
This position is based in Moldova
Coordination and Management
- Ensure the project activities implementation as per the project planning in co-operation with the Project advisor
- Perform monitoring for all project activities to ensure proper implementation.
- Attend and represent WVI at the coordination meetings (clusters and others) as agreed with the PA.
- Ensure liaison with other international and national NGOs, camp management, relevant local administration and institutions for coordination and cooperation relevant sector
- Support the PA with the management of budget expenditures for project activities as per WV standards.
- Keep abreast of all (potential) changes in the sector and ensure communication on this to the PA.
- Regularly update PA on project’s progress and to timely inform about issues related to the project and propose solutions to further implementation.
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly project reviews and follow-up of key actions with the support of the Project Advisor
- Ensure programme compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
- Ensure that all resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
- Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and implementing relevant community-oriented programs.
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs for district staff and target communities.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of the direct reports
- Develop staff planning
- Perform staff appraisal, promote staff capacity building by identifying support needs and report the suggestions to the Project advisor
- Keep a positive, flexible and dynamic work environment
- Leads capacity development with field staff to ensure competency levels which allow staff to do their work accordingly.
- Work with the Project advisor to supervise and provide training for all other WFP staff
- Ensure to gather information from the team and prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Contribute in reviewing monthly and quarterly internal and donor reports
- Contribute in reviewing the financial report and sharing comments
- Supporting PA to submit the monthly reporting package on DMDB
- Co-ordinate with other Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the District and ensure that the project is targeted to the appropriate target population.
- To co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Programs in the district so as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings in WV and outside agencies including the donor.
- Collaborate with support service departments like P&C, Finance, Admin and Supply chain to ensure supporting the team requests.
- Working closely with the team during design and budgeting for new proposals
- Ensure project documentation is up to date and audit compliant
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Emergency Response in Food Assistance Program Management.
- Proven planning, team work and managerial experience and skills.
- At least one-year experience in project management working with international organizations. Experience in Community Mobilization activities.
- Work experience with budget management and procurement procedures. Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers)
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, General Management, or related field.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluent in English, Romanian & Russian preferred (speaking and writing).
- Effective in written and oral communication in English and Romanian Computer aptitude and experience with word processors.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a challenging situation (camp settings).
- Ability to cope and work under pressure. Well-organized, self-motivated, solution oriented, independent and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, specifically those that relate to distributions, handling, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies. Self-disciplined with good time management skills.
- The ability to produce clear and well organized documents.
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
50% of the time local travel
Languages required: English, Romanina and Russian
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants OnlyPlease, if you think you’re suitable for this position, please follow the link to the World Vision website and click on APPLY (candidates will be selected only from the registrations on the World Vision website) - https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/WFP-Project-Coordinator--Moldova_R8413?q=WFP
Also, please open this from your computer.
Contact us, in case you have additional questions: 069682312- Ina
The end date of application: 22 July 2022