COURT PERFORMANCE ADVISOR
USAIDs Effective Justice - Model Court Initiative
Dexis Consulting Group is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the full-time position of Court Performance Advisor as part of our Model Court Initiative team.
Dexis Consulting Group is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world. We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion and strive to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions. Working with us, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting Group is implementing in Moldova the Model Court Initiative (MCI) funded by USAID. The Project is a three-year effort to improve the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court services. MCI works with three Moldovan model pilot courts (Balti, Ungheni, and Edinet District Courts) to improve their performance in delivering quality justice services and to improve their connection with communities and system users. MCI has two objectives: 1) identifying and supporting Moldovan courts in achieving and maintaining Model Court status through improved services to the public; and 2) supplementary national assistance to facilitate changes needed to improve performance at the individual court level.
About the Position
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party to support all technical aspects of project management and implementation.
- Participate in meetings with the Chief of Party and the Director of Operations on important technical, budget and administrative issues, thus being ready to take over as Acting Chief of Party, in the absence of the Chief of Party.
- Serve as the link between the project and the Moldovan courts, the Agency of Court Administration, the Superior Council of Magistracy, the National Institute of Justice, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development and use of court performance standards and metrics, and be responsible for the implementation of Court Improvement Plans and associated court excellence practices at the model court level.
- In cooperation with the Policy and Collaboration Advisor, contribute to expanding international best practices and the Pilot Model Courts gains to all Moldovan courts.
- In collaboration with the ICT Management Specialist, provide support for the development and implementation of IT tools in Moldovan courts.
- Cooperate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to monitor, analyze and improve the project’s performance.
- Supervise and evaluate the work of the Court Performance Specialist and two Model Courts Coordinators.
- Draft recommendations for legislative and regulatory changes to improve court performance
- Contribute to Project monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Carry out other tasks consistent with improving the performance of the Moldovan judiciary and promoting the implementation of the Model Court concept in Moldova.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in Law.
- Minimum of five years of work experience either a) as justice sector personnel with specific responsibilities for court performance; or b) advising, training, or providing technical assistance to judges, court administrators, or other justice sector personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomatic skills with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of law, legal procedures, relevant international standards and Moldovan court system;
- Good understanding of the reforms and developments in the judicial system of Moldova.
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to supervise and mentor more junior team members, guiding them towards task completion.
- Ability to perform duties that require attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team.
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Fluency in Romanian and English, very good knowledge of Russian.
- Previous experience of working with Moldovan courts will be a strong advantage.
- Good knowledge of the current Integrated Case Management System (ICMS), electronic statistics, and the performance indicators used by the Moldovan courts will be an asset.
- Previous experience in drafting regulations and legal opinions.
- USAID or other donor experience would be an advantage.
- Candidates with a master’s degree in law may be given preference.
Closing date for receipt of applications is August 1, 2022. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address email@example.com, noting “Court Performance Advisor” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.