GIZ is looking for an Office Manager for its project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”, which is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on 15th of August 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Performing specified commercial, organisational and administrative tasks correctly and on schedule in collaboration and consultation with the line manager, in accordance with the project objectives and with due regard for legal, contractual and internal requirements and procedures;
- Ensuring that day-to-day business runs smoothly responding to written enquiries, replying to non-standard queries, preparing reports and correspondence and translating texts, where necessary, using independently all necessary digital tools for knowledge management;
- Organising all types of events that are planned in the project, in accordance with GIZ’s rules and regulations, being the contact person for all internal and external actors;
- Maintaining appropriate internal and external communications;
- Cooperating constructively with all internal and external stakeholders in your area of responsibility ensuring that information flows correctly;
- Providing support for knowledge management and ongoing process development in the area of responsibility;
- Managing and updating the required files and data for the work area in line with internal GIZ requirements, and observing the quality assurance standards that apply for documents.
- College Degree or University Degree in Foreign Languages, Law, Economics or other;
- at least 1-2 years of professional experience in a comparable position;
- good working knowledge of IT technologies (computer, phone, mail, internet) and computer applications (MS Office package);
- very good written and oral knowledge of English and Romanian, knowledge of German and Russian would be an asset;
- politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors and work colleagues;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 15th of July 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.