The Inter-Agency Coordination Associate is a member of the Inter-Agency Coordination Unit. S/he normally reports to the Senior Inter-Agency Coordination Officer. The incumbent receives regular guidance and advice from the supervisor. S/he participates in all meetings/working groups related to the Refugee Coordination Model and Structure to provide support on coordination work on common processes.
- Provide support to the Senior Inter-Agency Coordination Officer (Inter-Sector Working Group and Sector Gender Focal Points Network Coordinator) and bridge between the Inter-Sector and the Sectors/Sub-sectors as well as the Task Forces.
- Contribute to the implementation at the Sector/Sub-sectors level of the comprehensive coordination strategies and empowerment of coordination mechanisms in line with the Inter-Sector Coordinator vision, strategy and guidance.
- Provide support to the inter-Sector and Sectors/Sub-sectors Coordinators in the preparation of Inter-Sector and Sector/Sub-sectors strategies, work plans, budgets and other planning documents which will feed into the main Regional Refugee Response plan.
- Support to optimize complementarity between the Inter-Sector and Sectors/Sub-sectors activities by supporting building on a series of common processes.
- Support promoting consistency in coordination standards and capacity between/among Sectors/Sub-sectors.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues, including gender equality programming, are properly reflected in Sectors/Sub-sectors activities.
- Coordinate, identify, process and elevate relevant topics/issues to Senior Inter-Agency Coordination Officer, referring to UNHCR policy decisions and guidance, when needed.
- Coordinate quality, timely and effective support to the Inter-Sector and Sectors/Sub-sectors ensuring at the same time that gender equality and gender with age marker is part of the working/sub-working group’s agendas and work plans.
- Act as the information management focal point for the Sectors/Sub-sectors under responsibility, with duty to collect and compile data on activities, analyse and present information on the sector activities in a concise manner, and support the Inter-Sector and Sector/Sub-Sectors Coordinators in writing of sector specific reports as narratives and info-graphics.
- Facilitate the flow of information between the Inter-Sector and Sectors/Sub-sectors, update and maintain the relevant pages at the UNHCR information sharing portal and other support coordination tools of Inter-Sector and Sectors/Sub-Sectors, including the calendar of meetings, uploading of documents, updating sector relevant information and member information.
- Support the Inter-Sector and Sectors/Sub-sectors coordinators in organizing presentations, events, workshops, trainings in line with Inter-Sector and Sector//Sub-sectors work-plans and strategies.
- Encourage consistency on Inter-Sector and Sectors/Sub-sectors coordination standards, minimize duplication and develop synergies between Inter-Sector and Sectors/Sub-sectors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
International Law, Political Science, Social Science, International Relations, Communication
Relevant Job Experience
Knowledge of UNHCR and interagency policies, standards, programmes and humanitarian operations in operational context. Demonstrated coordination and inter-personal skills. Drafting skills and strong ability to collect, analyze, and communicate information in written/oral formats.
Solid experience in humanitarian coordination (including but not limited to interagency coordination) is an asset. Emergency response experience is an asset. Previous experience in intersectorial collaboration is an asset. Strong computer skills – with a preference for ability to use Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, etc. Some knowledge of data base design and management will be an asset.
IT-Computer Literacy, DM-Database Design & Development, CO-Drafting and Documentation, EX-Experience in the corporate sector
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Empowering and Building Trust
Planning and Organizing
Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. We work with skilled professionals who are committed to put people first, make a real difference to people’s lives and are willing to go anywhere we are needed to get the job done. Women, persons with disabilities, persons from ethnic, linguistic, race, and religious minorities or other under-represented groups, refugees , and other individuals legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge of English and Romanian languages is essential.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to submit a CV at email@example.com