CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Open to Internal and External Candidates
30 June 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under overall supervision of Program Manager Housing/CBI/NFI and direct supervision of Project Officer, the candidate will perform the following tasks.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support field operational setup and preparations for data collection & distribution sites.
- Conduct & support data collection activities at field level, either centrally or door-to-door for all IOM projects using IOM assessment tools.
- Conduct community level verification of assessment data.
- Conduct assessments on market mapping & vendor capacity.
- Support in crowd control activities during the distribution process.
- Support in ensuring data quality of collected field level data and provide timely feedback to CBI focal persons and management.
- Ensure all relevant events in the field is reported to your supervisor.
- Ensure all IOM data governance, data protection, and protection policies have been adhered too.
- Contact beneficiaries to update beneficiary database, additionally to assess satisfaction and solicit feedback on accessibility, confidentiality, safety, utilization, and satisfaction of IOM projects.
- Conduct activities related to information provision regarding IOM projects.
- Support the CBI unit in administrative and logistical matters.
- Support in setting up any system hardware components and capacity transfer to any other IOM project teams.
- Conduct and support market and transactional monitoring.
- Perform any other tasks and duties as might be assigned by the line manager.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school and/or equivalent training/experience in relevant field.
- Previous experience in data collection and crowd control or relevant field experience.
- Communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with beneficiaries.
- Ability to set priorities and undertake new tasks quickly.
- Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation
- Intercultural understanding, sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to manage self under pressure and stress, maintain ethical and professional conduct.
- Strives to achieve high quality work and outcomes; analyses and finds creative solutions to problems.
Fluency in Romanian, Russian or Ukrainian is required. Knowledge of English is an advantage.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearances and a valid COVID certification.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2022, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 10.06.2022 to 30.06.2022