Position: Protection Specialist
Location: Moldova or neighboring countries
Contract duration: 1 month
IsraAID, founded in 2001, is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to providing life-saving disaster relief and long-term support. For over a decade, our teams of professional medics, search & rescue squads, post-trauma experts and community mobilizers, have been first on the frontlines of nearly every major humanitarian response in the 21st century. Our mission is to efficiently support and meet the changing needs of populations as they strive to move from crisis to reconstruction/rehabilitation, and eventually, to sustainable living.
The emergency - On February 24, 2022, after weeks of heightened tensions and escalating conflict in eastern Ukraine, Russian troops entered the country. Major attacks have been reported across Ukraine, including in the capital, Kyiv. As a result of the situation, people began to flee the country, pushing more than hundreds of thousands of people to move across borders to neighboring European countries.
IsraAID deployed an emergency international team to Moldova to provide urgent support to the large and rapidly growing numbers of Ukrainians fleeing to the border in search of safety. In addition, IsraAID is Recruiting a psychosocial specialist to join the mission, to develop and implement IsraAID's Psychosocial project in response to the emergency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Protection Specialist will lead assessments training sessions and supervise the technical aspects of the program in Moldova. In addition, the Protection Specialist will manage, lead, develop content and continue to shape the vision for IsraAID in line with the organization's established policies, principles, and operating practices. The Protection Specialist works under the supervision of the Head of Mission and IsraAID management and is responsible for:
1. Support the development of IsraAID's ''Ukraine crisis'' Psychosocial support project.
2. Act as the main lead of the implementation of the project, adhering to the timeline of project activities.
3. Provide Formal and informal psychosocial support for the Ukrainian refugees in camps and shelters.
4. Develop and facilitate training and supervision to national staff and partners
5. Develop and utilize MEAL tools in the implementation of the PSS project.
6. Coordinate with HOM/PM in mitigating challenges that arise during the training and supervision of PSS activities
7. Develop content for training requirements.
- Follow the objectives of the project and deliver a concrete, realistic and impact-oriented implementation of the activities
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures are followed for each program for the effective and
- Ensure proper risk assessment and mitigation strategy is developed for each program, project, and activity and constantly monitored
- Align with IsraAID's theory of change, mission objectives, program model, and content and adapt it as necessary to the specific context and program requirements.
Human Resource Management
- Maintain regular communication with HoM and PM for cohesive and strategic implementation
- Support program team members during training and supervision activities
- Have a thorough understanding of the mission.
- Raise the profile of IsraAID, its work and country missions through active participation in Interaction forum, meetings and external events when required.
- Serve as an advocate for the country missions
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
❖ As this is a new mission, the position may develop and evolve over time. IsraAID does not commit to the scope of the project or its location.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- MA in Social work, Expressive art therapy or Psychology with at least 5 years of experience
- Able to work in a high stress environment
- Flexibility and cultural sensitivity
- Proven training experience
- Proven therapeutic experience with child trauma
- Proven supervision experience and education
- Worked in an educational environment- Advantage
- Experience in group therapy- Advantage
- Professionally fluent or native speaker in Russian
- Fluent in English
Apply in the following link: https://israaid.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=98