GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Urban and Regional Development (infrastructure projects coordination) for its project “Modernization of Local Public Services”.
This position is expected to start on the 1st of July 2022 for three months period, with potential extension up to 12 months.
The primary role of the Advisor is to support and provide advice to the project manager regarding project implementation in cooperation with the Regional Development Agencies (RDA) on investment and infrastructure in Water Supply and Sanitation and Energy Efficiency projects, public procurement and hand-over procedures, inter-municipal cooperation, local co-financing and other relevant subjects.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- ensuring close coordination of the project regarding investment implementation activities including planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring, knowledge management, documentation of all relevant project activities;
- supporting project activities with the RDAs;
- ensuring the project’s internal communication and interaction with GIZ Construction Department (G230), and main project stakeholders;
- supporting RDA processes related to acquisition and implementing Local Public Authorities (LPAs) co-funding contributions to the investment projects;
- supporting project partner in implementation of regional development projects database;
- ensuring correct project visibility;
- ensuring processing of additional construction volumes by G230 in the frame of the established regulatory framework while considering the available budget and local contributions;
- ensuring timely preparation of project related events and correct communication on these events in close cooperation with the partners, regionally based implementation advisors, the project manager and EU Delegation task manager(s);
- ensuring timely preparation of formal reports (progress meeting reports / quarterly, annual and final reports);
- advising team members and partners on public procurement and RDA’s contract implementation matters according to the established rules;
- establishing and maintaining experience exchange with other projects and development partners in the area of investment measures implementation;
- providing advice to the project manager, team members, partners and RDA’s staff on the provisions of local and international legislation on public procurement and contract management;
- authorizing regional implementation officers to co-sign on behalf of GIZ minutes of execution of works for material correctness based on specific GIZ Construction Department ‘s ‘no objection”;
- reporting to project manager on any deviation from established rules or aspect which might be outside the legal-regulatory framework or corruptive.
- Bachelor and master’s degree in areas like economic sciences, law, public administration, business administration, finance, procurement, or closely related field or alternatively, university degree in civil engineering or architecture;
- at least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position;
- knowledge of and working experience in public sector procurement procedures;
- at least 3 years’ experience in working with EU PraG procurement rules and practical application of EU Public Procurement Regulations;
- good working knowledge of IT technologies and computer applications (MS Office package);
- confidential handling of data and information; high levels of integrity and commitment;
- working skills in project and program management, Excellent networking skills;
- very good knowledge of Romanian and English, knowledge of German constitutes an advantage;
- willingness to further develop the knowledge basis and upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- strong communication skills;
- desire to work in an efficient, independent and innovative manner in a multi-disciplinary and inter-cultural team are expected;
- valid driving license with driving experience (will be tested before contracting);
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 17th of June 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.