MODEL COURT COORDINATOR
USAID-funded Model Court Initiative
Dexis Consulting Group is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the full-time position of Model Court Coordinator.
Dexis Consulting Group is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
Working with us, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting Group is implementing in Moldova the Model Court Initiative (MCI) funded by USAID. The Project is a three-year effort to improve the performance of courts in delivering quality justice services and to improve the connection between courts, communities, and system users.
The project is implemented through individual Task Order.
Candidates must be able to start on September 1, 2022.
About the Position
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Court Performance Adviser, in cooperation with the Court Performance Specialist and with the short-terms consultants, assist with the coordination and implementation of all technical aspects of the project activities.
- Participate in designing and implementing Court Improvement Plans (CPI), and with expanding best practices to other Moldovan courts.
- Assist with development and implementation of court performance standards and metrics, and with the implementation of court excellence practices in Moldovan courts.
- Assist with designing and delivering training activities for court representatives, related to capacity building, court performance tools, statistics analysis, and other areas relevant for improving court performance.
- Make recommendations for enhancements or expansion of the court improvement standards.
- Maintain constant contact with all stakeholders at the local level – including model court leadership and staff, court users, civil society, and communities.
- Gather information relevant to specific activity design, the experience of court users, and the challenges courts are faced with, and will discuss potential and ongoing project activities and innovations, taking stock of valuable feedback.
- Carry out other tasks consistent with improving the activity of the Moldovan courts.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in law. Master’s degree in law strongly preferred;
- At least 2 (two) years of legal experience in Moldovan courts, justice-related organizations, or rule of law/justice reform donor projects;
- Familiarity with the Moldovan judicial reforms and court operations is strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with the Case Management System and other IT tools used by Moldovan courts is preferred;
- Experience in delivering trainings and capacity building to state employees would be an advantage;
- Proven administrative skills, including ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Polished written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills;
- Fluent English and Romanian, strong command of Russian language;
- Working experience with USAID or other foreign donors would be an advantage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is June 17, 2022 at 18:00 Moldova time. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address email@example.com, noting “Model Court Coordinator” in the subject line.
The term of employment is expected to be until December 2023.