GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Local Governance Policy for its project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova,” which is financed by both the European Union and the German Government.
This position is expected to start on the 16th of June 2022 for a 12-months period, with the possibility of extension.
The primary role of the Advisor is to support Government of Moldova, including ministries and its subordinated institutions in policy development to improve the regulatory framework for public services provisions and local governance.
The permanent workplace for this position is Chisinau. The overall responsibilities covered by this position are the following:
- Leading capacity development assistance to national institutions to improve the legal and regulatory framework in the field of public services provision in selected sectors (water supply & sanitation (WSS), energy efficiency (EE), solid waste management (SWM));
- Facilitation of constructive dialogue between civil society, public and private sector in the process of development and implementation of the local governance policy documents;
- Provision of advisory support to national partner institutions and its subordinated institutions in the development of strategic documents for the regional and local development, laws, and regulatory framework;
- Provision of advisory support to national partner institutions in the implementation of priority measures from the action plans of the national development strategies in the selected sectors (WSS, SWM, EE) related to policy issues;
- Communicate with all Strong Business and Communities project policy advisors to ensure harmonized and effective implementation of all assistance actions for the national partners;
- Participation and contribution to work plan activities and monitor work plan progress in partner institutions and report regularly to the component leader and project manager to ensure progress and achievement of desired results;
- Provide support in the management and coordination of consultants carrying out assignments related to policy issues in the field described above;
- Under the sphere of responsibility, maintaining constructive dialogue and good cooperation with the project’s main partners as well as with another partner relevant for the project implementation.
- Master/University degree in Public Administration, Economics, Regional Development and Planning, Management and Organizational Development, or Law;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in areas of regional and/or local development;
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and to effectively manage relationships with government officials and other GIZ partners;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, mature initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility;
- Previous professional expertise in interacting with national government stakeholders and regional public authorities;
- Experience with managing projects and developing processes that work within the environment and culture of the organization;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Critical thinking and openness to innovative approaches and 'better ways' - avoids taking the path of least resistance;
- Communicate effectively with and support team members to deliver quality and build strong relationships;
- Offers and responds to feedback in a constructive manner;
- Proven excellent good written and verbal skills in Romanian, English and Russian;
- Fluency in the use of software applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Microsoft 365;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 03rd of June 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.