Pre-Vetting Legal Analyst
Deadline for Applications – May 24, 2022 @ 18:00
Multiple Positions Will Be Filled
USAID has awarded Dexis Consulting Group a task order to provide technical assistance to “Support the Pre-Vetting Secretariat” (SPVS). Assistance in the SPVS program will consist of the establishment and support of a Secretariat responsible for the investigation, analysis, and review of the integrity of candidates to the self-governing bodies of judges and prosecutors – the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and the Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP), respectively. Authority for the pre-vetting process is embedded in the Law 26/2022. Pre- vetting decisions are conducted by a Pre-Vetting Commission made up of three (3) national and three (3) international members. The Pre-Vetting Commission will be supported by the Secretariat consisting of twenty-one (21) staff members performing technical and administrative roles who are led by a Head of Secretariat and Senior Coordinator. The overarching goal of USAID’s support and Dexis’s task order is the establishment of the Pre-Vetting Secretariat as fully operational, understanding its role and processes, and with the ability to prepare documents in accordance with the Pre-vetting law and within all established timelines. Selected candidates will be offered contracts in one of three classification categories based on the assessment of the selection panel.
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- All job offers will be contingent upon successfully passing a background check from the National Anti-Corruption Centre (NAC) and three professional references.
- Those offered employment may take a leave of absence and/or suspend their contractual obligations from their current place of work for the duration of this contract but may not be actively engaged with, nor paid by, any other organization during the contract period.
The Pre-Vetting Legal Analyst will report to the Head of Secretariat and Senior Coordinator and will be responsible for:
- Advise on various legal matters arising in the process of the selection of candidates for the positions of members in the self-administration bodies of judges and prosecutors.
- Analyze the rules and regulations related to the work of the Pre-Vetting Commission, including the ones governing the protection of personal data.
- Conduct legal analysis, research, and draft memoranda on relevant legal
- Compiling integrity (background) checks including but not limited to:
- Participate in the analysis of candidates’ asset
- Participate in researching and compiling relevant open-source
- Participate in compiling and analyzing information provided by third
- Participate in compiling and analyzing data and information provided by various national and international agencies.
- Participate in drafting individual integrity assessment reports for review by the Pre Vetting Commission.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have a passion for reform and desire to be an agent of
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience in a relevant filed such as law, economics, civil society engagement, good governance, public administration.
- Ability to be an organized and detailed oriented individual able to work in a high- performance team.
- Ability to communicate at a high-level both in writing and
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from an accredited
- Fluent in written and spoken Romanian, have a working proficiency of English (minimum of a B level).
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and a current CV to: email@example.com and should note “Pre-vetting Legal Analyst” in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.