The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) is a grant-making organisation which has been established by the European Union Member States, and the European Union institutions to foster and encourage democratisation and deep and sustainable democracy. EED has been established as an independent private law foundation with its seat in Brussels.
While EED statutes do not foresee the setting up of any regional offices in the countries that fall within the scope of its geographical mandate, EED has a network of consultants in key countries, to help provide its Secretariat with knowledge consultancy services as well as technical assistance and logistical support. This work includes outreach, monitoring and evaluation. Moldova is one of the countries within the EED geographic mandate.
EED is looking for a local consultant based in Moldova to enhance the in-country support mechanism for its operations for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
The consultant will be selected on the basis of his/her reputation and experience, his/her knowledge and understanding of political developments in the country, and the scope of his/her network (including CSOs, both established and recent, emerging political/social movements, alternative media outlets, etc.).
The consultant could belong to a civil society organisation or other form of group but would not qualify to receive EED support during the period in which he/she will be carrying out services to the EED Secretariat. This limitation applies both to requests submitted at the individual level and on behalf of the organisation or group the consultant belongs to.
Background checks: The EED will require reliable references of the persons or associations applying for support in order to make its funding decisions. The consultant is in this regard expected to carry out background checks when asked to, and makes recommendations accordingly.
Support Grant proposals assessments and processing: The EED will be accepting grant requests in Russian and English. The consultant will be requested to contribute to the assessment of those requests, including content assessment, information verification, and reference checking among others. Likewise, the consultant may be requested to coach applicants following initial requests for support, to help them refine their proposals to be considered for EED support.
Knowledge consultancy: The EED seeks to be complementary to other donors, especially to existing EU instruments. In order to guarantee its added value, it will thus request information regarding any existing initiatives that could potentially overlap with the activities it is considering funding. The consultant will be expected to maintain contact with the donor community and provide EED provide updates on donor support to civil society initiatives in Moldova.
EED will further require insider analysis of the evolving social and political situation and its impact on democracy support and democratisation efforts. The consultant will provide reports and updates that would provide such an analysis and focus on the consequences for EED support to the initiatives in Moldova.
Activity Follow-up and Technical Assistance: The EED country consultant will, in coordination with the EED, follow up on and support the initiatives and activists supported by EED. This would include providing regular feedback and assessment of the work of EED supported initiatives (ensuring, among other things that funds are being spent adequately and activities carried out as agreed). As grants are disbursed and activities initiated, the EED may also request the EED country consultant to provide the beneficiaries with technical assistance if needed and appropriate.
Logistical support: EED country consultant may be asked to provide logistical support for the EED Secretariat direct engagement with grantees from Moldova. This could include setting up meetings or other logistical support.
Outreach: The EED country consultant may be requested to identify/approach actors whose work could be considered relevant to the EED mandate. This would be done in close coordination with the Programme Manager.
Narrative reports: The consultant may be requested to assist in the assessment of narrative reports submitted to EED by grant beneficiaries.
Communication and reporting
The consultant will work under the direct guidance of the EED Programme Manager and under the general supervision of the EED Director of Programmes.
Terms of Contract
An initial consultancy contract shall be concluded for a period of one year, and with a possibility of extension.
The contract may be full-time or part-time depending on the current situation of the selected consultant.
The consultancy contract fee rate shall be based on a competitive salary depending on level of experience
The consultant shall meet the following requirements:
- relevant professional experience, for example working with civil society;
- thorough knowledge of Romanian, Russian and English;
- ability to keep full confidentiality about all assigned tasks and related documentation as well as able to exercise confidentiality, discretion and tact when dealing with diverse groups of people;
- ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally at all levels;
- high personal and professional culture;
- ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- references as to the suitability for the performance of duties.
How to apply
Should you be interested in this position and meet the criteria, please submit your CV, a motivation letter andcontact information for two referees. Applications should be made by following this link.
After successfully submitting your application, you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your application. Please no phone calls/emails/letters.
The application deadline is May 25, 2022 at midnight Brussels time.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every application, therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- OSCE ODIHR Recruitment of local support staff for the Election Observation Mission to Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- A.O. The Moldova Project angajează operator introducere date
- UNDP Moldova: Security Associate - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- Project Procurement Assistant (NPSA-5) -UNDP Moldova/EU4Moldova: focal Programme
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal gestiune procese, pe durată determinată
- GIZ - Junior Human Resources Specialist
- Coordonator al Centrului de învățare digitală, Jumătate de normă, Anenii Noi
- Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Procurement Specialist for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) project