Translator for the Pre-Vetting Evaluation Commission
Deadline for Applications – May 16, 2022 @ 18:00
2 positions will be filled
USAID has awarded Dexis Consulting Group a task order to provide technical assistance to “Support the Pre-Vetting Secretariat” (SPVS). Assistance in the SPVS program will consist of the establishment and support of a Secretariat responsible for the investigation, analysis, and review of the integrity of candidates to the self-governing bodies of judges and prosecutors – the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and the Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP), respectively. Authority for the pre-vetting process is embedded in the Law 26/2022. The pre-vetting decisions are conducted by an independent Evaluation Commission (EC) made up of three (3) national and three (3) international members. The EC will be supported by the Secretariat consisting of twenty-one (21) staff members performing technical and administrative roles who are led by a Head of Secretariat and Senior Coordinator. The overarching goal of USAID’s support and Dexis’s task order is the establishment of the Pre-Vetting Secretariat as fully operational, understanding its role and processes, and with the ability to prepare documents in accordance with the Pre-vetting law and within all established timelines. Selected candidates will be offered contracts in one of three classification categories based on the assessment of the selection panel.
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- All job offers will be contingent upon successfully passing a background check from the National Anti-Corruption Centre (NAC) and three professional references.
- Those offered employment may take a leave of absence and/or suspend their contractual obligations from their current place of work for the duration of this contract but may not be actively engaged with, nor paid by, any other organization during the contract
The Translator will report to the Head of Secretariat and will support the Secretariat to ensure the smooth, continuous, and efficient pre-vetting process including:
- Producing an accurate written translation of legal and other project related texts from English to Romanian and vice-versa, with this requiring high standards of translation in English and Romanian languages, including excellent vocabulary, syntax, expression and grammar, as well as all relevant technical terminology at a rate of 5-10 pages per day.
- Assist team members by proofreading translations and ensure that no typographical errors are left in the final text and to ensure consistency of language within documents.
- As needed provide limited, intermittent consecutive translation.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- 3 or more years of experience in a high-paced, quality-driven translation
- Fluency in Romanian, English and Russian
- Proven ability to work in a team environment while producing individually assigned translations
- Proven ability to be organized and detail oriented.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and a current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should note “Pre-Vetting Translator” in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.