GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Economic Cooperation and Private Sector Development in Soroca for its project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”, which is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on 01st of June 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension.
The primary role of the Advisor is to support local actors in the strengthening of the business environment and ultimately in the creation of decent and sustainable jobs in Soroca.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Soroca.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Facilitating the local economic development of Soroca;
- Supporting private businesses to be created, to settle and to grow in Soroca;
- Supporting skills development in the private sector in Soroca;
- Enabling relevant public and private organisations to create a favourable business environment in Soroca; this includes the capacity development as well as expert advice to these organisations.
- Master’s degree or other equivalent graduation in Economics, Management, Organisational Development, or other relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in areas of sustainable economic development;
- In depth understanding of the private sector and support structures in Soroca;
- Previous professional expertise in interacting with the private sector, intermediary organisations as well as government stakeholders in Soroca;
- Extensive network among both companies and governmental stakeholders in Soroca;
- Expertise in selected sectors of the Moldovan economy is of advantage;
- Proven experience in coordinating capacity development programmes;
- Ability to establish and coordinate networks consisting of a wide range of partners from diverse backgrounds; this includes decision makers from local and international companies, education providers, the academic sector and other relevant stakeholders;
- Proven excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian and English;
- Fluency in the use of software applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Microsoft 365;
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 13th of May 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.