The High Value Agriculture Activity in Moldova
Chemonics International Inc. is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the USAID Moldova High Value Agriculture Activity (HVAA) project for a seven-month assignment. The position may be filled on a full-time or part-time basis depending on the qualifications and availability of the finalist. If later determined to be required by the project, this short-term position may transition to long-term employment, with a fixed-term end date. The goal of HVAA is to further stimulate the transformation of the Moldovan high-value agricultural (HVA) sector into an engine of economic growth for the country, leading to improved competitiveness and higher living standards for rural Moldovans in the long term.
Location of Work: Chisinau, Moldova (Online remote as necessary)
Reports to: Program Manager / Grants, HR and Operations
Position Description: The Systems Administrator is mainly responsible to provide overall ICT consulting and direct support to all components and activities for HVAA. As needed, the incumbent may be asked to provide support in other areas related to the closeout of the project as well.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions) Principal tasks under this scope of work include, but are not limited to:
Systems Administration/Information Technology:
- Provide technical support to project personnel on a timely basis;
- Support IT needs of the project(s) including maintaining all ICT systems (including, but not limited to, telephone, email, Internet, and printer/scanner);
- Communicate to project personnel proper use of IT systems and provide training as required;
- Act as a liaison between project(s) and the Home Office;
- Prepare and track IT approvals for USAID;
- Research new IT applications with the objective of optimizing office functions;
- Implement procedures to ensure integrity of systems and data;
- Ensure that projects fully follow Chemonics established practices and procedures (as documented in the Global QMS, Policy Manual, and DailyChem sites);
- Establish hardware and software configuration in project office(s);
- Arrange for all ICT repairs, including identifying service vendors and acting as the primary contact for those vendors as appropriate;
- Ensure IT compliance with Chemonics and USAID policies, and liaise with the home office IT department on IT-related issues when necessary;
- As requested, assist the Communications Team with creating and managing websites, managing web content, PowerPoint presentations, videos, graphic design, etc. for project activities and beneficiaries;
- As requested, deliver IT trainings and assistance to project-sponsored activities and beneficiaries;
- Contribute to preparation of Requests for Quotations (RFQs) for all ICT procurements for the project office and for project beneficiaries if needed, and coordinate deliveries and confirm receipt and qualify of good received;
- Maintain project IT inventory;
- Assist with employee termination procedures for IT-related tasks;
- Assist with office security maintenance;
- Serve as a member of evaluation committees;
- Other tasks as directed.
Operational and Closeout Support:
- Complete tasks that will be defined in the project’s Closeout Plan or are indicated in Chemonics Quality Management System documents to ensure compliant closeout;
- As necessary, maintain project IT inventory and lead project disposition of goods at closeout, assisting with and completing necessary documentation;
- As necessary, assist with events and logistics for project activities;
- As necessary, review project files, complete checklists, draft memoranda, or other duties to help document project compliance;
- Update and maintain trackers;
- Scan and file documents as necessary;
- Assist with other tasks related to closeout, operations, grants, procurement, finance, etc. as directed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Ability to follow directions while also working independently as needed;
- Adaptable and willing to learn new skills as needed;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications;
- Good English and Romanian written and oral proficiency;
- Excellent inter-personal communication and mediation skills;
- Proven ability to work professionally and constructively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in challenging environments; and
- Education in a relevant to ICT and Computer Science field;
- Experience working in similar positions and with USAID Contractors preferred.
Cover letters and CVs should be sent in English to HVAARecruitment@chemonics.com. Indicate Systems Administrator in the subject line. The deadline for submission is May 3, 2022. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Chemonics International, Inc. (www.chemonics.com) is a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.