In response to the large-scale displacement of refugees fleeing Ukraine, NRC is in the process of setting up humanitarian operations for refugees arriving in Poland, Romania, and Moldova. NRC will respond, focusing on an integrated approach that combines our sectoral areas of expertise – education, protection, urban displacement outside camps, legal aid (ICLA) and shelter – working to a great extent with local partners.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Education Coordinator position is to provide supervision and technical support to NRC and partner staff in day-to-day implementation of the Education-related response and projects, both for children and youth.. The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential.
- Line management of project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global, regional and emergency strategies
- Contribute to national Education strategy development and project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps; consider where appropriate the role of cash-based interventions
- Coordinate and manage Education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Responsible for the implementation of strategic plans and the management of day-to-day project activities including staff, budget and assets in area of responsibility (AOR)
- Provide technical and logistics/operational support and oversight to project staff on youth programming, NFE and EiE programming, including budget management
- Plan, monitor and evaluate education activities in area of responsibility; ensure SOPs are in place and logistical and operational needs are met
- Provide leadership and support on the design and rollout of NRC’s programming
- Coordinate delegated portfolio of activities in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, ensuring high technical quality
- Identify implementation opportunities for cash-based and market-based interventions
- Promote the rights of refugee, IDPs, returnees and the host community in line with SPHERE and the INEE Minimum Standards
- Contribute to the development of project proposals, log frames, workplans and budgets
- Contribute to advocacy and emergency strategies and action plans
- Representation and coordination in internal and external forums on behalf of NRC Education in AOR, including with the Cluster/Sector/WG and other active NGOs/UN agencies
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant government/local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Provide supervision, motivation, and support to the Education team, including training and performance management
- Ensure capacity building of NRC and partner staff and the transfer of key skills, support capacity building of teachers and other education personnel
- Prepare accurate monthly, quarterly and final narrative reports, log frames, and Sector 5Ws
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line and/or technical manager
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CANDIDATE WITH THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience working in Education project implementation
- Technical Education expertise with a focus on youth/adolescents, Alternative Education/NFE, support to formal schools, and/or first phase EiE response
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting
- Fluency in English and Romanian both written and verbal required, Russian an asset
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Willingness to travel regularly to the field
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the Education context is required
- Knowledge of the circumstances, needs and challenges displacement and conflict-affected host community, returnee and IDP children face preferred
- Experience with youth/adolescent programming and linkages to livelihoods an asset
- Experience with EiE and formal education in a humanitarian context preferred
- Experience working with children and/or educators required
- Experience liaising with multiple stakeholders including government, donor, UN and NGO partners a priority
- Experience with strategic development, including proposal and budget creation preferred
- Experience with project/programme start-up/scale-up an asset
- Experience managing an office and/or field team is required
- Understanding of SPHERE and INEE Minimum Standards preferred
- Candidates with a university and/or advanced degree preferred; significant experience in the field of Education, PSS or Child Protection considered in lieu
2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
WE ENCOURAGE QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES TO PARTICULARLY APPLY
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your updated CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.
Before 8th May 2022.
Duty Station: Chisinau
Type of Contract: 6 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for the position
Language: Fluency in English is highly desired!
This position is open to qualified National Candidates!