The U.S. Embassy is hiring an Exchanges and Alumni Coordinator
The Exchanges and Alumni Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Established Opinion Leader Specialist and has no supervisory responsibilities. Coordinates the Mission’s exchange programs, including for youth and communities that are not included in traditional U.S. diplomatic engagement, such as civil society groups and populations vulnerable to Russian influence. Designs, plans and implements a broad range of activities to maintain contact with alumni of all Mission activities and initiatives.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural, or multinational work environment is required, with project management, marketing, public relations, communication, or education duties as a significant part of the job.
- Must have general knowledge of project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods.
- A thorough understanding of the attitudes and preferences of the EOL audience sector in Moldova, including the regional, ethnic, social, cultural, linguistic and other factors and institutions that shape those attitudes, is required.
- Detailed knowledge of Moldovan secondary education, exchanges, and youth programs is required.
- Knowledge of typical customer service and marketing tools designed to engage specific audience segments, particularly the EOL sector, in Moldova is required.
- Knowledge of latest trends in audience engagement in related public service institutions such as think tanks, museums, academic institutions, professional training institutes, as relevant for the EOL sector, is required.
- Understanding of the complex and changing nature of the information environment, including current trends in international and regional communications as they relate to the Moldovan communication landscape is required; must be familiar with digital practices and procedures used by or influential with the Moldovan EOL sector.
University degree in international relations, communications, marketing, public relations, American Studies, or intercultural/multicultural studies is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is
required (This may be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills and the ability to conceptualize how best to use PD tools to move Moldovan attitudes in positive ways. Must be able to advise senior leaders of opportunities to promote Mission objectives through exchanges to and from the U.S.; identify, analyze, predict and continually assess EOL audience attitudes; and evaluate the impact of projects and modify approaches for best outcomes. Must be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and adjust operations and programming accordingly.
- Communication / Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal cross-cultural communication skills, and be able to identify and engage key figures critical to shaping local public opinion. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, interviewing for evaluation purposes, writing reports and contributing material for publication in both English and Romanian; must be able to tailor communications to fit formal and informal situations and different ethnic, religious and linguistic cultures. Must be able to brief on a variety of issues and interpret between English and Romanian for public programs.
- Management skills: Strong management skills are required, including the ability to develop and oversee project budgets and to organize, run, and present professional and exchange projects such as workshops, seminars, digital and in-person conferences, panel discussions, lectures and camps. Must be able to negotiate agreements with partner institutions and manage their fulfillment.
- Technical skills: Good keyboarding and data entry skills and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the Internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures are required. Thorough, detailed knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, graphic design and photo editing software, and PD-specific software, databases, and reporting tools is required. Must be able to use social media and mobile platforms, photo and video sharing sites, podcast creation, and basic photo and video tools. Must have good numerical skills to be able to develop and manage projects and monitor grant budgets; must be able to develop descriptive statistical analysis of target audience segments and impact of exchanges and alumni activities and initiatives.
- Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Moldova to support EOL projects and activities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date for receipt of applications is May 9, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Psiholog la Telefonul Copilului
- IRI Moldova – Program Associate (PA)
- People in Need is hiring Head of Programmes, Moldova
- Management Systems International is hiring for Grants Manager
- WeWorld Moldova is looking for English Teachers
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- CRS Moldova is hiring Senior Project Officer, Field Coordinator
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Associate - Energy, Environment and Climate Change Cluster
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță prelungirea concursului pentru selectarea unui membru în cadrul Consiliului pentru Prevenirea Torturii
- Plan International is hiring for Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist (Extended Deadline)