The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Portfolio Manager within its Country Office in the Republic of Moldova.
The permanent workplace of the Portfolio Manager will be located within the facilities of the GIZ Country Office in Chisinau.
The overall responsibilities related to this position are as follows:
- providing professional advisory services to the Country Director (CD) and the Project Managers (PM) on portfolio and commissioning, on use of relevant instruments, on integration of cross-cutting issues (gender, diversity, digitalization, quality, monitoring) and on acquisition of new commissions;
- supporting the CD in preparing intergovernmental consultations and negotiations, steering and further developing the portfolio, identifying new economic sectors with high potential for acquisition of new projects;
- providing specialist advice to project managers in identifying opportunities for inclusion of new stakeholders;
- assisting the CD in planning and monitoring the annual objectives, assuring the quality of the offer and reporting system related to commissions;
- advising and coordinating meetings in the field of foreign affairs, audits and project evaluation visits, consistently ensuring the implementation of the business policy for the region and general objectives;
- preparation and management of small individual measures with budget responsibility;
- coordinating and advising GIZ projects on the external public communications issues, relations with the media, information and awareness; providing consultancy and support in communication for press and communication officers of GIZ stakeholders;
- facilitating the increase of public information and awareness regarding achievements of GIZ projects in cooperation with the project communication officers, providing support in implementation of the communication strategy;
- establishing and maintaining media partnerships for coverage of the GIZ-project activities, monitoring media on the clippings on GIZ projects activities;
- serving as communication focal point with the GIZ Head Quarter and managing GIZ intern communication tools and platforms for GIZ Moldova;
- ensuring a smooth realization of all administrative and logistic issues of the country office, especially for the start-up of new projects, including registration of projects with the State Chancellery.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in one of the following subjects: Economics, Journalism, Business Administration, IT or in other related areas;
- at least 5 years of professional working experience, ideally in business development and international cooperation, with a focus on the Public Relations, communication and IT;
- experience within and deep understanding of the International Economic Development and Cooperation;
- be able to work autonomously and on own initiative while reporting regularly to the CD;
- excellent planner and implementer, capable of withstanding pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required;
- ability to establish and coordinate networks consisting of a wide range of partners from diverse backgrounds;
excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization; mature initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility;
very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- proven ability to identify opportunities and to effectively manage relationships with media representatives;
- previous expertise in interacting with social partners in the Republic of Moldova, especially German Embassy, State Chancellery, Ministries, Chambers, as well as a good knowledge of the Public Relation work;
- previous experience in elaborating and managing visibility campaigns;
- excellent communication and presentation skills in German, English, Romanian and Russian;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 10 May 2022, time 15:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.