DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e.V. (DVV), the German Adult Education Association. DVV represents the interests of the approximately 900 adult education centres (Volkshochschulen - VHS) and their state associations, the largest further education providers in Germany.
As the leading professional organisation in the field of adult learning & education (ALE) and development cooperation, DVV International has committed itself to promote the right for lifelong learning worldwide and has been implementing country programs of development cooperation in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe for more than 50 years. DVV International strengthens national ALE-systems in partner countries and provides support for the establishment and development of sustainable structures for youth and adult education. The project approach of DVV International targets improved conditions in policy, legislation and financing (macro level) as well as promotion of professionalisation in practice and theory of ALE (meso level) and requires cooperation both with government institutions such as ministries as well as with civil society organisations, universities, and other educational providers. By supporting our partners (usually, adult education centres), in developing and piloting exemplary concrete learning offers (micro level), especially for disadvantaged population groups, we create best practice and evidence of the benefit of ALE.
DVV International finances its work through funds from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the German Federal Foreign Office, the European Union, etc.
For its Country Office in Chisinau / Republic Moldova (established in 2010),
DVV International is announcing a vacancy for the position of the
Project Assistant (PR-Specialist)
- Located in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
- Full- or part-time employment
- Competitive local salary
- Deadline for application: 22 april 2022, 05:00 (p.m.)
Major responsibilities and duties:
- Maintain organization’s image and identity and proper cover of project activity on web resources, including social media;
- Interaction with partner-organizations on developing effective and cost-efficient visibility products
- Contribute to organizing project activities and interact with a team consisting of 4-5 persons;
- Contribute to achievement of the planned results on all stages of project cycle, including organizing, implementing, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Respond to information requests from the public and media;
- Other similar duties.
- Bachelors’ degree (Rom: Licențiat, studii încheiate la ciclul ”Licență”) in education, journalism, political studies, economics, or other relevant fields;
- Proved experience in media and visibility activity (at least 3-year), including practical competencies in developing and uploading relevant content;
- Understanding of education sector and development cooperation sector would be an asset;
- Excellent writing/reporting skills;
- Fluency in English and Russian;
- Knowledge of German would be an asset. Other foreign languages are desirable;
- Intercultural sensitiveness and ability for team play;
- Computer literacy (competent use of popular office programmes), including graphic design programs and apps for creating visual content for social media;
- Readiness for travel within the country and abroad.
Beginning: ASAP (e. g. May 2022).
If you are interested in the position and meet all requirements, you can submit your full electronic application (Motivation letter and CV) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22.04.2022 17:00. Please, specify in the subject line of your message the position name (‘Project Assistant’) only. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview (where all diploma mentioned in the CV should be presented in original). Incomplete applications will be rejected. No phone calls, please.