CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Classification: General Service Staff
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded
Duration: Six months with possibility of extension
All Inclusive Salary: 17000 MDL per month
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 May 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Following the launch of military operations across Ukrainian territory on 24 February 2022, substantive flows and displacements across Ukraine and toward neighbouring countries have been reported countries in the following days. As response to the Ukrainian crisis, IOM Chisinau has increased operational activities which requires additional administrative staff.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Administrative Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective implementation of IOM’s procurement policy as well as providing other administrative functions as assigned.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1.Assist mission staff on procurement functions in accordance with the Organization's policies and procedures.
2.Source and evaluates local vendors for the Mission in accordance with IOM Procurement policies and procedures. The incumbent shall take the lead in documenting the accreditation and evaluation of all vendors used by the mission. He shall coordinate with the end users to solicit their input in vendor accreditation and evaluation.
3.Negotiates contracts with vendors, suppliers and other partners, in consultation and coordination with Administrative Coordinator.
4.Sourcing of procurement and logistics option.
5.Management of mission’s procurement files. The incumbent shall ensure that all deliveries or similar actions made by the vendors are properly documented. He shall also be responsible for the proper filing and maintenance of all procurement files of the mission, in accordance to the Procurement Policy.
6.Prepare tenders for procurement transactions for the Mission in consultation and coordination with relevant IOM Chisinau staff.
7.Maintains accurate records of all tenders, quotations and activities taken in association with all procurement.
8.Office Supplies Administration. The incumbent shall ensure that all receipts, issuance and movements of office supplies are properly documented. He shall also monitor the stock and order/ request replenishments when required.
9.Receive, inspect, verify and tag all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and schedule deliveries to end users. Prepare Hand over reports to end users. Collect information on assets management, maintain the records and files on assets management, code and report about the results to the Administrative Coordinator.
10.Process the procurement-related workflow in the system (PRISM).
11.Perform such other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with four years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Procurement or related field with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Specialized trainings in procurement and logistics will be an advantage.
- Work experience in field of procurement and logistics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Skilful negotiator and good analytical thinker.
- High level of professionalism and ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Proven proficiency in MS Office applications, MS Word and Excel in particular. Knowledge in Power Point and Visio will be helpful.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 12 May 2022, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 05.05.2022 to 12.05.2022