CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: IT User Support/Helpdesk Assistant
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Classification: General Service Staff
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded
Duration: Six months with possibility of extension
All Inclusive Salary: 17000 MDL per month
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 20 July 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Following the launch of military operations across Ukrainian territory on 24 February 2022, substantive flows and displacements across Ukraine and toward neighbouring countries have been reported countries in the following days. As response to the Ukrainian crisis, IOM Chisinau has increased operational activities which requires additional administrative staff.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Administrative Coordinator and IT Specialist the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing technical support to end-users on the information management tools, services and technology infrastructure in the Main and all office extensions of the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage ICT functions in the mission in line with IOM ICT standards and policies and ensure highest level of customer services.
- Provide daily on-site and remote support of software and hardware tools/equipment, cloud and/or centralized services - to the end-users regardless of environment. (remote/home-based or office).
- Administration, installation and support of end-user software and hardware components upon request and on regular basis.
- Troubleshoot user’s ICT-related issues and aid in finding relevant solutions, as well periodic maintenance, repair and replacement of hardware components if needed.
- Assist to secure proper implementation and usage of end-user tools, services and equipment in concordance with IOM ICT standards, policies and guidelines.
- Assist in providing trainings for the end-users on usage of IOM enterprise solutions, tools and services by request and as scheduled.
- Assist in health monitoring and troubleshooting of network environment including but not limited to active and passive network equipment, both wired and wireless.
- Assist in maintaining Mission’s ICT inventory.
- Assist in support and troubleshooting with any locally provisioned/acquired ICT or ICT -related services and goods.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s (University) degree in Computer Science or related field with one/two years of relevant professional experience.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in the area of information technology focused on troubleshooting and support for end-user equipment, information management tools and services.
- Experience in the area of supporting MS Windows based environment as a first-tier network/user/desktop support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft based applications, services and packages including but not limited to: MS Windows, Office 365, SharePoint, MS Office apps, etc.
- Microsoft/Non-Microsoft certification – any user support/helpdesk oriented would be an advantage.
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity - respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency - maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism - demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearances and a valid COVID certification.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the CV and cover letter in English to: email@example.com
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 20 July 2022, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: 01.07.2022 – 20.07.2022