SCOPE OF WORK (SOW)
USAID Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Digital Media Industry Development Manager
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. Building on previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA works in the following sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Digital Media Industry Development Manager will be embedded in the Mediacor Center of Excellence, responsible for supporting the Center and companies in film, VR/AR, surround sound, motion capture, 3D animation, and social media to improve the digital media industry infrastructure and ecosystem; expand skills development and training opportunities; attract investment in Moldova’s digital media industry; and support high quality content pre-production, production, and post-production.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides strategic direction for the development and implementation of the Center’s space and programs, including providing technical expertise and vision to inform Mediacor interventions and achieve expected results in digital media sector based on co-creation and consultation with Mediacor and COR management, FTA, and USAID
- Provides technical input into the development and implementation of digital media sector strategy with stakeholders and partners
- Through Mediacor Center, works with SMEs and large firms in digital media sectors to improve their competitiveness, access new markets, and attract investment via new technologies, partnerships, marketing, innovation, and productivity improvements
- Works closely with select firms in the digital media sector to improve financial and risk management capacity, including identification of opportunities and approaches for accessing SME finance, incentives, and new sources of co-production financing
- Supports SME partners to identify and develop networking opportunities, both within and outside of Moldova to improve their competitiveness and growth potential
- Promotes employment and entrepreneurship in digital media sectors with partners and stakeholders
- Promotes cross-sectoral collaboration and integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.
- Conducts regular quality control checks of implemented activities
- Represents the activity with key stakeholders as required, including donors, host government counterparts, project vendors, and the international private sector as needed or requested
- Facilitates data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners
- Participates in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contributes to activity reporting and annual planning
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in media, creative industries, communications, and/or ICT with a university degree in a relevant field preferred
- Proven working knowledge of digital media sector trends, technologies, and stakeholders
- Exposure to a wide range of SME goods and service industries, with prior experience working with groups of SMEs and business associations is preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and monitoring technical and operational plans as part of private sector, donor programming, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Digital Media Industry Development Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com by January 24, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.