Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID and Sweden
Mediacor Center Programs Director
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s and the Government of Sweden’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming in Moldova, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. Building on previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA works in the following sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Mediacor Center Programs Director will be responsible for overseeing all technical and administrative programming of the Center of Excellence, which is responsible for supporting companies in film, VR/AR, surround sound, motion capture, 3D animation and social media. With the Director’s programmatic oversight, Mediacor should improve the digital media infrastructure and ecosystem; expand skills development and training opportunities; attract investment in Moldova’s digital media industry; and support high-quality content pre-production, production, and post-production.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works as an embedded Programs Director for Mediacor, leading strategic direction of the development and implementation of the Center’s space and programs
- Manages Mediacor interventions to achieve expected results in the digital media sector based on co-creation and consultation with Mediacor and COR management, FTA, and USAID
- Supervises Mediacor staff and short-term experts to ensure high-quality performance and alignment with Mediacor’s strategic direction
- Convenes stakeholders and partners to develop and implement a digital media sector strategy for Moldova
- Positions Mediacor Center to work with SMEs and large firms in digital media sectors to improve their competitiveness and access new markets
- Networks with relevant national and international counterparts to attract investment via new technologies, partnerships, marketing, innovation, and productivity improvements
- Strengthens Mediacor’s organizational and technical capacity to increase their financial sustainability, expand their ability to provide services to members, and elevate their capacity to co-design and implement interventions to support the digital media sector
- Works closely with select firms in the digital media sector to improve financial and risk management capacity, including identification of opportunities and approaches for accessing SME finance, incentives, and new sources of co-production financing
- Promotes employment and entrepreneurship in digital media sectors with partners and stakeholders
- Promotes cross-sectoral collaboration and integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.
- Conducts regular quality control checks of implemented activities
- Represents the activity with key stakeholders as required, including donors, host government counterparts, project vendors, and the international private sector as needed or requested
- Facilitates data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners
- Participates in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contributes to activity reporting and annual planning
- Minimum of 5 years of programmatic leadership experience required, preferably in the digital media or creative industries realm. University degree in a relevant field preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and monitoring technical and operational plans as part of private sector, donor programming, etc.
- Exposure to a wide range of SME goods and service industries, with prior experience working with groups of SMEs and business associations is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed, to deliver on the assignment
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally.
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Mediacor Center Programs Director” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.