The GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Monitoring and Evaluation for its project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”, which is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on the 15th of February 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension.
The primary role of the Advisor on Monitoring and Evaluation is to develop and implement the monitoring and evaluation concept of the project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau. The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- supporting the project in effective internal results-based monitoring (RBM) and evaluation of the project according to GIZ rules and practice;
- coordinating the RBM approach of the EU funded programme EU4Moldova: Local Communities;
- providing assistance to the team in planning and applying the results-based monitoring system in relation to EU funded programme;
- ensuring collection and provision of data for reporting on project results according to GIZ, BMZ and EU requirements and writing progress reports in English and Romanian;
- planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops and other project activities (e.g. Steering Committee meetings, progress meetings);
- supporting project’s partners, such as the State Chancellery, Ministry for Infrastructure and Regional Development, Ministry of Economy, Regional Development Agencies and local project managers, in establishing and applying a results-based monitoring system and in reporting according to results;
- coordinating satisfaction/ end-line surveys for the EU funded infrastructure measures.
- Bachelor and master’s degree in Economics, Public Administration, Social Policies, Management and Organizational Development or other relevant fields;
- at least 5 years of professional working experience in areas of monitoring and evaluation of investments/technical assistance projects;
- proven excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian and English and exceptional writing skills both for traditional and electronic media are mandatory; German and/or Russian would be an asset;
- fluency in the use of software applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of image processing and layout software would be an asset;
- ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization;
- well-developed understanding of administrative processes.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 19th of January 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.