The GIZ is looking for Senior Administrative and Financial Officer to lead the administrative and financial team within its “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova” Project. This project is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on the 15th of February 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension.
The primary role of the Senior Administrative and Financial Officer is to facilitate the project´s implementation by assuring a sound financial management and efficient administrative support. Thereby the Senior Administrative and Financial Officer will be building up and be leading a team of administrative and financial specialists.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau. The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- coordinating the overall financial planning and monitoring of project funds and liquidity (BMZ and co-financing agreements) in close cooperation with the Project Manager;
- supervising and coordinating the administrative and financial team of the project;
- supporting the Project Manager in taking project related financial decisions;
- processing contracts and agreements according to the project’s needs, respecting GIZ financial and procurement policies; placing procurement requests for high value orders;
- providing administrative services related to project implementation and commission management;
- ensuring conformity of all work processes to GIZ rules and guiding principles;
- supervises and coordinates the results-based monitoring activities of the project;
- supervises and coordinates the car fleet and driver of the project (in close cooperation with the country office);
- supervises and coordinates the event management of the project.
- BA and/or Master degree in law, financial management, business administration or similar area;
- at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- good working knowledge of IT technologies and computer applications (accounting software, MS Office);
- strong and proven leadership skills;
- confidential handling of data and information;
- very good knowledge of English language, ideally knowledge of German;
- in-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting;
- broad experience of management and administration willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- strong communication skills as well as a desire to work in an efficient, independent and innovative manner in a multi-disciplinary and inter-cultural team are expected.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 19th of January 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.