Communication officer (Caritas Czech Republic)
I. Information about the position
Name of position: Communication officer (CO)
Expected length of employment: 12+ months
Type of position: Full-time (Part-time also possible)
Place of employment: Chisinau, Moldova
Start date: September-October 2021
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization with field activities in 15 countries (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services program in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a vast number of international and local partners. CCR activities abroad focus on the health and social sectors and on developing livelihood for local populations and education of children and adults.
CCR has been working in Moldova since 2004. It is currently implementing development cooperation projects aimed at developing a model of home care, promoting the inclusion of children with special educational needs in preschool education facilities, prevention of diabetes and leisure activities for children and youth. The strategic objectives of the organization are focused on the following priority intervention sectors: civil society development, inclusive social development, and primary healthcare support. CCR in Moldova has also implemented projects supporting children abandoned due to migration, projects supporting small business, developing agriculture and projects actively involving civil society in decision-making processes in Moldova.
More information on CCR’s work in Moldova can be found on:
- our website https://moldova.charita.cz/ and
- on our fb page: https://www.facebook.com/CCRinMoldova
- Ensure overall visibility of the mission in Moldova
- Design and implement communication annual and monthly work plan
- Contribute to the elaboration, implementation and continuously monitor a communication and visibility plan
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of CCR in the field of communication and visibility
- Manage the web page and social media platforms of the Mission, track media coverage and identify new channels
- Prepare and update periodic projects fact sheets and news about the projects’ most important achievements, and communication materials and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts, photos, articles, newsletters etc.)
- Engage with the Head of Mission and Project managers to collect regular updates, communication materials and develop success stories
- Collaborate with internal team and field staff in creation of communication content and maintain open communication with management
- Closely cooperate with HQ communication team to ensure smooth and sufficient flow of communication materials from the mission to HQ
- Implement Foreign Agenda Communication strategy in liaison with HQ requirements and in cooperation with HQ Editor of Foreign Topics and Copywriter
- Contribute to conducting public events, such as round tables, lectures, press conferences regarding project activities etc.
- Translate materials from Romanian into English and vice versa
- Liaise with implementing partners and other stakeholders to ensure CCR’s visibility
- Create and maintain close relationship with the media, offer regular updates on the CCR projects
- Undertake any other related tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- University degree, preferably in public relations, journalism or another relevant field
- Experience in graphic design/media software, video editing and photography
- Experience in managing website content
- Good organizational skills and ability to analyse information
- Motivation, creativity and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a diverse team, managing stressful situations and results oriented
- Excellent Romanian both written and spoken.
- Relevant experience working with NGOs for at least 2 years
- Good English skills would be an advantage.
V. What we offer
- Mentoring by national and international communication experts/consultants
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid vacation, social and medical package according to national legislation
- Stable international organization with a long experience in the field of development cooperation
VI. How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume.
Please write “Communication Officer CCR" in the Subject line. Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_ first name_ name of position_CV
Last name of applicant_ first name_name of position_Cover letter
The deadline for submission is 30 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline. CCR reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator al direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, statistica investițiilor directe
- IREX Moldova vacancy - Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist (extended deadline)
- Contabil sef mun Balti
- UN WFP Moldova is hiring Emergency Preparedness & Security Officer
- Termen extins: Laolalta angajează Manager Financiar
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M anunță concursul de angajare pentru funcția de Manager financiar
- Procurement Assistant (G4) - MOL - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Inițiativa Moldova pentru Pace angajează secretar / secretară a inițiativei
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert coordonator (durată determinată) responsabil de control pe teren și din oficiu a sistemelor de plăți