I. Information about the position
Name of position: Local Coordinator (LC)
Expected length of employment: 12 months
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Criuleni, Moldova
Start date: September 2021
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization with field activities in 15 countries (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services program in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a vast number of international and local partners. CCR activities abroad focus on the health and social sectors and on developing livelihood for local populations and education of children and adults.
CCR has been working in Moldova since 2004. It is currently implementing development cooperation projects aimed at developing social and health areas and providing waste management solutions. The strategic objectives of the organization are focused on the following priority intervention sectors: civil society development, inclusive social development and primary healthcare support. CCR in Moldova has also implemented projects supporting social inclusion, children abandoned due to migration, small business, developing agriculture and projects actively involving civil society in decision-making processes in Moldova.
More information on CCR’s work in Moldova can be found on:
III. Project context
“Building a functional and sustainable waste management system in Criuleni” project is to be implemented between September 2021 and August 2022 by Caritas Slovakia and Caritas Czech Republic in Moldova and is financed by the Slovak Agency for International Development Cooperation.
In order to improve the quality of life and health of the population, the project assists the Criuleni municipality and 2 adjacent villages (Ohrincea and Zolonceni) in developing their waste management system in line with local needs and national legal requirements. The intervention will strengthen the local efforts of relevant stakeholders in building an efficient waste management infrastructure and culture in Criuleni. Specifically, a local waste management strategy together with an action plan will be developed and its implementation facilitated. Subsequently, the capacities of local stakeholders in waste management will be strengthen and necessary infrastructure will be purchased. Emphasis will also be given to actions focusing on biodegradable waste practices – composting and other ways of reuse of organic waste will be promoted. To increase public´s participation in waste recycling activities, several public-raising activities will be conducted.
The LC will work under guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager. The main responsibilities will be as follows:
- responsible for the daily implementation and monitoring of activities in Criuleni
- daily contact with stakeholders and targeted beneficiaries in the project area
- assuring swift cooperation between local stakeholders, beneficiaries, Project Manager and external experts
- mobilization of local population in project activities
- arrangement of meetings between relevant stakeholders
- assistance in studies, trainings and infosessions
- follow-up on the activities in the targeted area
- support in ensuring project visibility
- ensure transparent and structured keeping of project documents (internal reports, contracts, materials produced by the project, sources of indicators verification etc.) in line with given guidelines
- support the mission team in identifying local/national needs in areas relevant to the work of CCR in Moldova and contribute to project proposal writing
- University degree
- Experience in project management of at least 2 years
- Experience in reporting to institutional donors
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of and experience with word processors (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and electronic mail
- Good organizational skills and ability to analyse information
- Motivation, creativity and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a diverse team, manage stressful situations and achieve results
- Written and spoken proficiency in English
- Background in waste management
V. What we offer
- Paid vacation, social and medical package according to national legislation
- Stable international organization with a long experience in the field of development cooperation
VI. How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume.
Please write “Local Coordinator CCR" in the Subject line. Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_ first name_ name of position_CV
Last name of applicant_ first name_name of position_Cover letter
The deadline for submission is 9 August 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline. CCR reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.