The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Administrative Officer within its project “Strengthening the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Mechanisms in the Republic of Moldova”.
The Administrative Officer is responsible for:
- providing administrative services related to project implementation and commission management;
- processing contracts and framework agreements according to the project’s needs, respecting GIZ financial and procurement policies;
- ensuring conformity of all work processes to GIZ rules and orientations;
- supporting the preparation of financial reports;
- updating and maintaining contract database with payments, contract extension, time sheets and invoices;
- coordinating the local service and procurement contracting for short-term experts/consultants and events;
- coordinating and monitoring financing/grant agreements, including budgeting and final reporting;
- close cooperation with the finance officer.
- BA or Masters’ degree in finance, financial management, business administration or similar area;
- at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- experience with GIZ and/or EU procedures is an asset;
- excellent working knowledge of IT technologies and computer applications (e.g. SAP, accounting software, MS Office);
- confidential handling of data and information;
- full professional working proficiency in English and Romanian, knowledge of German and/or Russian is an asset;
- in-depth understanding of contracting, financial planning and accounting;
- broad experience of management and administration;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed;
- strong communication skills as well as a desire to work in an efficient, independent and innovative manner in a multi-disciplinary and inter-cultural team are expected;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 12th of April 2021, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.