The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Anti-Corruption & Civil Society Engagement within its project “Strengthening the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Mechanisms in the Republic of Moldova”.
The Advisor is responsible for:
- Cooperation with civil society organizations (CSOs), grass-root and civic initiatives in sectors with high risks of corruption (education, health, private sector, local public administration, procurement etc.);
- Development of tools, mechanisms and networks for civil society engagement in implementation of anti-corruption strategies;
- Supporting development and management of grant schemes for CSOs, project monitoring and knowledge management.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in economics, public administration, law, journalism, international relations, development studies or areas related to high-risk sectors mentioned above;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in cooperation with civil society and/or management of civil society initiatives and projects; experience in anti-corruption work is a strong advantage;
- Professional experience working with or in one of the aforementioned high-risk sectors is an asset;
- Previous proven experience in development cooperation or related work for an international organization is a strong advantage;
- Previous proven experience in management of donor-financed grant schemes is a strong advantage;
- Full working proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Full proficiency in oral and written English and Romanian;
- Working knowledge of German and Russian is an asset;
- Displays high levels of integrity and commitment for anti-corruption;
- Ability to work in an international team;
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills;
- Critical thinking;
- Capacity to identify and promote new and innovative digital solutions in project implementation;
- Awareness and practical knowledge on gender and diversity principles;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 09th of March 2021, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.