The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Officer for External Communication and Donor Coordination within its Country Office in the Republic of Moldova.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Developing a communication and visibility concept for the German development cooperation (financial and technical cooperation - FC / TC) to be implemented together with the German Embassy and KfW, focusing on its objectives and achievements and taking into account donor’s visibility requirements;
- Facilitating access to information relevant in the process of funds raising from other donors to complement German TC and FC measures;
- Facilitating a transparent and efficient donor coordination with a focus on sectors relevant to German development cooperation;
- Systematic planning and management of communication activities;
- Advising the German development cooperation and partners (e.g., Ministry of Finance, State Chancellery) on their communication work in the context of development cooperation;
- Coordinating cooperation with external communication service providers (e.g., appraisers, agencies, photographers, trainers, copywriters);
- Monitoring media on the clippings on all related activities, analyzing the public image of the German DC and if necessary, providing recommendations on how to improve image and visibility;
- Capacitating the strategic communication ability of stakeholders and partners on presenting results within local and national media (media appearances);
- Assuring the quality of pools of appraisers, service providers (text, printers, graphic designers, proof-readers, lithography etc.).
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area;
- At least 5 years general work in communication within public institution and international development area;
- Good general knowledge of the donor landscape in Moldova;
- Good access to the Moldovan authorities and public institutions;
- High level of sensitivity, eloquence and a confident manner communicating in a political context;
- Strong command of communication technologies and applications;
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials and other GIZ partners;
- Mature initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility;
- Be able to work autonomously and on own initiative while reporting regularly to the line manager;
- Be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and donor landscape in Moldova;
- Excellent planner and implementer, capable of cheerfully withstanding pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English, Romanian & Russian; German would be an asset, ability to interpret, translate in small groups or at small meetings desirable;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- Willing and able to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 08th of February 2021, time 17:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.