FHI 360 is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving life in sustainable ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in the field of health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address current interrelated development challenges. The FHI 360 serves over 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states, and all U.S. territories.
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), an eight-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV control and preventing, preparing, responding, and strengthening health systems to address COVID-19. Although it was originally designed as an HIV program, EpiC has been modified to accept COVID-19 funding and is currently implementing COVID-19 activities in more than 50 countries.
In Moldova, EpiC provides prior site preparation to support the supply of oxygen to four hospitals receiving oxygen-generating installations with oscillating pressure adsorption (PSA), purchased through the Global Fund's COVID-19 Response Mechanism grant. We are currently looking for a qualified project management consultant to carry out a Short-Term Work Task in Moldova within the EpiC project.
Subject matter of the works
FHI 360 is looking for a Project Management Consultant to serve as a link between EpiC headquarters (HQ) and partners across the country, including hospital administrators, the Health Project Coordination, Implementation, and Monitoring Unit (UCIMP), and the USAID mission. The consultant will be part of the proposal request review committee (RFP) to select the suppliers who will implement the necessary construction works at the four hospitals (in Chisinau, Glodeni city and Calarasi city) and will assist with translations and other administrative or logistical tasks, as appropriate. The consultant will supervise and monitor the progress of site preparation by the selected contractor and report to the EpiC headquarters to ensure effective implementation.
The estimated level of effort required is 40 days during the performance period from June to August 2023. Specifically, the consultant will execute the following activities and expect the following results:
Place of work: Remote/ Chisinau, Moldova
Change of place: Frequent visits can be made between the health units located in Chisinau, the city of Glodeni and the city of Calarasi, where the entity or consultant will provide support and supervision.
Calendar and address for sending
Proposals must be submitted no later than June 9, 2023 at 17:00 ET. The required documentation in English listed below should be sent by e-mail:EpiCMoldova@fhi360.org
- Bachelor's degree or its international equivalent in Business Administration or a relevant field; Master's degree in Public Health is an additional advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in managing a USAID-funded or donor-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Proven knowledge of the Moldovan health system.
- Experience in working on infrastructure projects is an additional advantage.
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly, both in person and remotely, with team members in different locations
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues
- and collaborators of the EpiC project and possibly externally.
- Ability to meet deadlines with special attention to consistency, detail and quality.
- Ability to travel within the country as needed.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently Romanian/Moldovan, Russian and English
- CV and payment fee
- Cover letter showing interest and experience