Request for Expressions of Interest
(Consulting Services – Firms Selection)
Consulting Services for the Design, Development, Configuration and Deployment of the e-Consulate Information System
REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Modernization of Government Services Project
Project ID No.: P148537
Credit no.: 6126-MD & Loan no.: 8774-MD
Reference No.: MD-eGA-351997-CS-QCBS
The Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Modernization of Government Services Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The e-Governance Agency is looking for an ICT consulting company to develop the information system e-Consulate with demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of similar complexity projects to perform key client-facing activities, and to provide on-going maintenance and technical support.
The e-Governance Agency now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Firms shall provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (required qualifications and experience of the firm, but not individual experts’ bio data).
The Consultant (ICT Consultancy Company) shall furnish documentary evidence (including information about the completed contracts and contact information of clients from whom the references could be taken or whom the Beneficiary may, when necessary, visit to familiarize themselves with the systems put into operation by the Consultant) to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirements.
- Have been in operation for at least five (5) years with main part of its business being the development of information systems.
- Experience in conducting projects similar size and complexity developing web applications proven by at least two (2) contracts with the development phase finalized in the last three (3) years. For ongoing projects, copies of acceptance documents of the entire software solution shall be provided.
- Experience in software development using agile software development principles (as described in the scope of work and Implementation Approach section of the ToR) would be an asset. This shall be demonstrated by presenting the project methodology describing the role of the client.
- Demonstrated experience using required technology stack as described in the Technical Requirements to the Technological Architecture (NFFRQ036) would be an asset.
The Expression of Interest shall clearly state the name of the Consultant (individual Firm, Joint Venture or sub-consultancy). The Consultant shall provide relevant references (assignment name, Client, time frame, the role of the firm (main Consultant/Partner in JV/sub-consultant), contract amount, tasks performed etc.) to confirm its experience and qualifications.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. In case of JV association, the first two experience requirements must be met by each JV member, while the other requirements may be met cumulatively by all members.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS method (Quality and Cost based Selection) set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, i.e. 0900 to 1700 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (by e-mail) by May 24, 2023.
Tel.: (+373) 22 82-00-30
GSM.: (+ 373) 79 88-66-38
The Terms of Reference can be found here: https://egov.md/ro/node/39890
 To preserve Government investments, the e-Consulate solution shall be developed using the latest versions of the following technology stack:
- Programming language is C#.
- ORM is Entity Framework Core.
- Web framework is ASP.NET MVC Core.
- RDBMS is Microsoft SQL Server.
- Container engine is Docker.
- Container orchestration is Kubernetes.
- Cache server and session store is SQL Server or Redis.