Tender no. 83435061 for contracting of a short-term expert to provide advisory services on national security, conflict sensitivity and peacebuilding
The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is seeking an individual expert to provide expertise and advice on national security, conflict sensitivity and peacebuilding within the project Policy Advisory Fund. The services within the assignment will be provided in the period between April 2023 – February 2024.
The selected expert will conduct all the activities in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the Terms of Reference (ToR) and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than March 31, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
The short-term expert shall meet the following criteria and qualifications:
Qualification and skills
- University degree in international relations, political science or related field;
- Strong drafting, presentation, and reporting skills;
- Critical thinking, excellent analytical skills, skills of synthesizing information and results-based management are considered essential;
- Computer literacy, proficiency in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Working knowledge of Romanian, English and Russian;
- Experience of at least 7 years in developing public policies in the fields of public administration, security and conflict settlement;
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience in drafting documents for the analysis and elaboration of proposals on public policy documents and normative acts in the fields of security policies, national resilience and stability;
- Excellent knowledge of Republic of Moldova’s and regional security, political environment, development challenges, vulnerability and risks;
- Knowledge of the Government Program of the Republic of Moldova and understanding of government’s policies;
- Experience in developing programmatic documents in the areas of development and innovation with stakeholder involvement / collaboration with representatives of public authorities / organisations in the field of research and innovation;
- Strong regional and local contacts, ability to reach out to key stakeholders.
The successful application shall include:
1. Technical Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Detailed CV and maximum 2 pages of Motivation letter.
2. Financial Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Financial offer shall include a breakdown of days per each deliverable to be submitted, the gross ( ro - brut) daily rate in MDL and the total amount per up to 135 workdays of assignment.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality is guaranteed.
Successful offerors will be further asked for additional documentation such as copy of ID, bank data and other, as it might be required for the contracting. The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract.
Applicants shall hold the Moldovan citizenship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Bid’s evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical aspect (CV) and 30% for the financial offer. Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope to the GIZ country office – Chisinau, 73/1 Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Bvd., National Business Center, 9th floor – indicating the tender number 83435061, not later than April 3, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.