The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual consultant to contribute in assessment related to the output “Enhance capacities of quality infrastructure institutions through regional cooperation”.
The provider is expected to collect information on the: (i) Private sector needs for enhanced QI and harmonization of standards in the two selected product sectors (Electrical products and Machinery), (ii) Status of the applicable legislation in each of the CEFTA parties for the purpose of identification of legal gaps between the national legislation of the CEFTA Parties and the EU Acquis for electrical products and machinery, (iii) Readiness of QI institutions (metrology, standardization, accreditation, market surveillance) and availability and competence of Conformity Assessment Bodies (testing, calibration, inspection, and certification) for electrical products and machinery.
The assignment will be conducted in accordance with the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the detailed Terms of Reference, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and showing the tender number in the message title, not later than September 9, time 15:00.
- University qualification in engineering, economics, law, or equivalent 3 years of work additional to general professional experience in the legal department of an industrial company, conformity assessment laboratory, industry and trade administration.
- Proven experience in general legal areas of the manufacturing sector in the electrical sector, machinery, and related EU acquis (LVD/EMC, MD)
- Desirable knowledge in the enforcement department of a national administration in charge of industry and trade and conformity assessment bodies.
- Excellent communication, analytical, report writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and oral English language
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the assignment;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and the total amount for up 30 workdays of assignment, for the period September 2022 – December 2023.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be submitted via email to email@example.com showing the tender number (83418096) and subject on it, not later than September 13, time 15:00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender